I am on the side of Andy North

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

axman

Re: I am on the side of Andy North

Post by axman »

Firearms Coalition is all I give money to anymore.
Theyre headed by Neal Knox’s family.
axman

Post by axman »

Firearms Coalition is all I give money to anymore.
Theyre headed by Neal Knox’s family.
buffalocannon

Post by buffalocannon »

Careful boys. Don't cut off your nose to spite your face. NRA is the only one out there with the political clout to take on the gun confiscation crowd. And they really do want your guns. Not just your black rifles and pistols, all of them.
VectorMan

Post by VectorMan »

I was raised in a Christian home way out in the backwoods of NW Missouri. 40 some years later still living only 10 miles down the road from where I was raised. Raised on a “workin” farm, not one of those modern farms as seen today. My moral upbringing won’t let me join ANY organization that uses scare tactics to line the pockets of the leaders of that organization. That’s what’s been happening. Their number one tactic is to tell people your guns are gone if it wasn’t for this or for that. That’s all I hear anymore, that and the fact that the organization don’t have the funds to do this or that. Bullshit. As far as guns being gone, that’s a hypothetical, not fact. Do the crazy liberals wants guns gone yes. Would it happen if the NRA was no more. Who knows? What I do know is a hell of a lot of people own guns, and they don’t take kindly to anyone wanting to take them away. I know if they outlaw them, then I become an outlaw. Most people should express the sentiment “cold dead hands” loud and proud. Stop depending on a greedy organization to do it for you. The NRA has done great things for a long while. It’s a shame what it’s become. 3 calls from them just this week needing money. Pathetic.

When a man comes to my door with a badge and a gun, and demands my guns, I will be carried by 6 in a few days later before he gets them. My wife will be well off.
Hopefully I’ll be able to say this prayer before I leave.

“Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass”

If you love the NRA good for you. I’m glad for you. Send them more money. Just don’t tell me to join or they will take your guns. Tell me truth, Wayne is going shopping.
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."
bruce m

Post by bruce m »

firstly I would like to state, this is not a personal attack on anyone, and vectorman in particular.
the retention of gun ownwership is a valuable thing, and the ways to address the threat are clear.
only relevant arguments work, and must be identified.
the first thing amercans know is that their constitution contains the right to keep and bear arms.
lose this and you have lost you guns.
it does not matter what your religion is, or where you grew up, the constitution gives all the same right, as it does freedom of religion and freedom of speech.
in fact god is irrelevant to gun ownership.
he (she?) is interested in the souls of sinners, and as such is not worried about guns.
the people who might take away guns are elected politicians, as are those who will maintain gun ownership.
in a democracy, it is up to individual voters to ensure what they want does happen.
this requires that individuals vote in sufficient numbers to ensure an outcome.
it also requires that those seeking election understand that this is how it works, by telling them what you want.
it also requires that those already elected know what you want.
make sure you vote, and communicate with those seeking election and those elected in writing AND verbally where possible with meaningful arguments.
another thing to address in usa is the alarmingly increasing number of mass shootings.
the more these things happen, the more the second amendment will come under threat.
the keeping of guns by the sane majority might require that lunatics are somehow precluded from same.
how this can be done is a curly one, but we all have the right to live.
bruce.
ventum est amicus meus
CaptnJack

Post by CaptnJack »

Right on point Vector man 100%. The NRA does do a good deed but has become a money hungry beast anymore. They have forgotten their backbone of the organization the average Joe the ones that send there $45.00 nowadays. Also, be wary of the people in charge for too long of a time. Greed always seems to be acquired over time. And remember it always boils down to the almighty dollar and the power it seems to bring people.
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." --Benjamin Franklin
arnie

Post by arnie »

There was a big article about the money waste and rights give aways in a magazine I believe was the former Shotgun news .
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

This is a long article (think it is a voice recognition program of the show - based on all the small errors in grammar & such), but it seems to cover all the bases. Forget about the politics and read from the point-of-view of what is going on inside the NRA & the investigations and how they have been spending the money we've been giving them since lapierre & cronies took over. Especially look at how they treat their own regular employees (not the folks at the top) and you can see why they've done such a poor job for competitors for so many years.
https://www.npr.org/2019/05/22/72569061 ... in-the-nra
Glenn
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

Thanks for posting that Glenn. I've supported the NRA for most of my adult life and will continue to do so but I think we need a revolution in the membership and an entire set of new leaders. When the same folks are in command as long as these have been corruption and complacency set in. It sure looks corrupt and Lapiere probably thinks he is more in control now after the last meeting. The next annual meeting needs to be one for the record books and we can get some changes at the top.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
RK

Post by RK »

NPR has become a lying leftist anti 2nd amendment part of the mainstream media. Any story by them will always have a leftist spin. They will try to make it look like the NRA is falling apart in order to discourage member support, and hasten it's demise.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Yep............ as an NRA life member and VN vet, I've been disgusted for many years by the folks at the top and their embracing of draft-dodgers like Ted Nugent and 'others' and lining their pockets with our money while not supporting competitive shooting (the many moves at Camp Perry, BPCR & BPTR at Raton, etc.).

RK - just because you don't like what they say does not make people liars (or lefties, in many cases). If you could point some particular lies in the NPR report on the NRA rather than calling names it would add greatly to the conversation. Would be nice to know that the reporting is inaccurate and lapierre and company are not as corrupt as they seem to be. Let us know, including the sources for your info.
Glenn
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

I agree that NPR generally takes a left leaning position but one must listen to both sides of the story and then make their own conclusions. It seems pretty obvious that there is corruption at the top of the NRA. It is time get some new leadership and clean this mess up.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
RK

Post by RK »

SSShooter wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:58 am Yep............ as an NRA life member and VN vet, I've been disgusted for many years by the folks at the top and their embracing of draft-dodgers like Ted Nugent and 'others' and lining their pockets with our money while not supporting competitive shooting (the many moves at Camp Perry, BPCR & BPTR at Raton, etc.).

RK - just because you don't like what they say does not make people liars (or lefties, in many cases). If you could point some particular lies in the NPR report on the NRA rather than calling names it would add greatly to the conversation. Would be nice to know that the reporting is inaccurate and lapierre and company are not as corrupt as they seem to be. Let us know, including the sources for your info.
Anyone with half a brain can see that npr spins things against gun owners and america. I listen to npr as I commute to and from work, so I am well aware of their liberal agenda. As for providing you with proof and sources, I will provide the same as you did when you called our president chicken shit! If a person calls themself a reporter and then spins the news in favor of a political agenda, it"s the same as lying. If you spend a considerable amount of time trashing our president and all that made this country great then you can be considered a leftist. I have no problem saying that I love my country, my flag, my national anthem, and that I never kneel when I hear it played. I am not, nor will I ever be embarrassed of who I am, or my country. NPR and libs would call me a racist and white nationalist.

As for the NRA, I don't like the way It is run and would like to see it change. I don't have the answers to quickly change it. I do know that all large organizations can become corrupt. A few that come to mind are NRA, our Congress, GM, our banking system etc. Our founding fathers knew this all too well, why would they have gone to such trouble to form checks and balances into our constitution. I do believe that gun owners and enthusiasts in countries such as the UK, Australia, New Zealand would like to have had a NRA to protect their guns, with or without the corrupt management. Without the NRA we would likely suffer just like those countries. This last election gave us the choice between Clinton and Trump. If you hate Trump that means you support Hillary, Pelosi, Schummer, Feinstein. No amount of virtue signaling can change that.
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

If we can take the time to write our opinions in this forum we can take the time to write the NRA and let them know our opinions too. A change of NRA leadership would signal to those salivating over its possible demise that the NRA can clean up its act and get back on track. You can also take the time to write your congressmen (state and national) and let them know the NRA is not synonymous with the Second Amendment. Tell them you want them to support the Second Amendment regardless if there's an NRA or not. Read the blog responses after an article about the NRA - the majority of responses are in favor of the Sheriff prying guns out of cold dead hands. The times they are a changin'. We can't afford to buy the legislation we want, like George Soros or Michael Bloomberg; we also can't afford to sit at home and wait for the knock on the door. So make sure your voice is heard. And a chorus is louder than a solo.
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Well put Steve.