What we do for a living

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

45bpcr

Re: What we do for a living

Post by 45bpcr »

I've always been a "Gear Head"

I'm an automobile mechanic and have worked on many different types of cars.
Including a Stanley Steamer, a Model T, and a few more modern ones.

https://www.duncansauto.com
Live Free or Die, Death is not the worst of Evils
Stephen Borud

Post by Stephen Borud »

I’ve been a drilling rig mechanic since 1995. Started my own business in 2014. Here’s a picture of me working on a top drive in the Derrick.

https://imgur.com/a/3jAsnfs
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Geez, Daniel, I couldn't even afford the tires. I wanted to work forever, but decided it was a losing proposition. :shock: :shock:
Now I just plod along trying to shoot straight. The upside is I get to hang around neat people, such as yourself. See you soon......
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

Retired now and spend my time working on old guns. For 37 years I was an engineer, project manager, supervisor, chief question answerer in a metal fabrication/machine shop that specialized in industrial repair. We kept machinery running for other industry. We had machinists, welders, mechanics, electricians, assemblers, painters and later on CNC operators. At one time or other I did it all, hired and fired, trained people and locked the doors at night.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
38-72

Post by 38-72 »

Public Health inspector for county and state agencies for over 35 years, now retired.
See the other Washington, Eastern!
Dan O

Post by Dan O »

Was a Deputy Sheriff for Cascade County, Mt. for 28 years. On my 50th birthday I gave myself the present of retirement. Was a Realtor for a few years then retired for good. Just turned 65 and enjoying life.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Went to school to study Physical Anthropology. Quit school and went underground to open a commercial cave operation. Failed there and joined the Army. Took 20 years to figure out how to get back out. Retired as a 1SG. Decided to play cops and robbers. Chose cops. Became a Deputy Sheriff in Steamboat Springs, Routt County, Colorado. Left as the Patrol Supervisor, after the boss and I could no longer see eye-to-eye. Returned home to Southern Indiana after being gone for 34 years. Semi-retired, but worked part-time for the local Sheriff's Office until four years ago. Still trying to retire, but people keep wanting me to make sawdust. Cuts into my shooting time.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Another engineer. After the Navy (nuc-power), went back to school for a few years ('75-89 - guess I'm a slow learner) until I decided academia wasn't for me. Designed, built & operated semiconductor mfg'g plants for the next 20yr. Accepted a position running the last one I built and three years of that convinced me to retire as soon as I could arrange it, which was 10yr+ ago. Travel, reading, music (stereo), shooting & gardening are my joys these days. Getting old enough that a retirement condo is not that far in the future. Time to relax and enjoy Woody's great work.
Glenn
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

Electrician Image
Gussy

Post by Gussy »

Worked for a national brand food company up to a plant/ag manager. Started my own construction company. Built a few houses and cabins. Also made high end custom cabinets and furniture. That part of the business occupied most of my interest and time.

Retired from that and started a small manufacturing and internet business making loading and shooting products.

Now back to my farming roots growing fruit and making wine along with the usual hunting and shooting!
BFD

Post by BFD »

Professing... This is probably as accurate as any photo.

MacRob46

Post by MacRob46 »

Retired banker. Spent 38 years in the banking industry working for banks and one year owning a consulting firm. Before that I was in the USAF and spent my last two years at Malmstrom AFB in Great Falls. For 14 years we also owned a business selling Scottish stuff on the Highland Games circuit, mostly swords and such. Now I do nothing but what I want to do.
Randy Bohannon

Post by Randy Bohannon »

Landscaper,made Hexcel ski's, boats,ductile iron pipe, ladders,thermometers.USAF 1978-82,Fireman,Fire Inspector,Firefighter/Paramedic,Fire Marshal.retired 32 yrs in the F.S. 3 different F.D's all in CA. Take a few jobs now and then cooking for Outfitters I like when it suits me here in Wyoming.
BFD

Post by BFD »

Always wanted a pair of Hexcel skis. Man that was a LLLLOOONG time ago.
Youngblood

Post by Youngblood »

Correctional Peace Officer.
Over the half-way mark of my 25-to-life sentence.