What we do for a living

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Crash Landing

Re: What we do for a living

Post by Crash Landing »

After my stint in the Army, including an RVN tour, I spent most of my career as an art director/illustrator working for a couple of major defense contractors. Retired now, I have more time to engage in Schuetzen and BPCR. I have managed to find time to write/illustrate three books on the shooting I so much enjoy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Randy W
Williamsmattc

Post by Williamsmattc »

Youngblood wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:00 pm Correctional Peace Officer.
Over the half-way mark of my 25-to-life sentence.
Thank you for your service behind the walls! Your service is not seen by the public, but it vital to their safety! Your soul no doubt bears the scars of what you have been through.

Captain, California Dept of Corrections here.
Williamsmattc

Post by Williamsmattc »

Spent a dozen years as a auto mechanic before becoming a Correctional Officer with the California Dept of Corrections. I Have spent 16 years working in a maximum security facility. Current rank of Captain.
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Grew up on our family's farm and worked cowboying for the much larger neighboring ranch. Then spent 2 years in a plumbing apprenticeship before going to college for a civil engineering degree. Worked in Denver as an engineer for a year for Kiewit Construction Company on the T-REX project that revamped transportation through the middle of Denver. Came home and bought my Grandfolk's small farm and started a contracting company that centers mostly around water well service. 16 years later it is still doing well. We install and maintain water well pumping and livestock watering systems, install pipelines, septic systems, and just about whatever needs done with a backhoe, trencher, grader, or dozer in our small community in eastern Laramie County Wyoming. Along the way, I have built up a sizable cow herd, taken over my folks' farm, and purchased and leased more farm ground and pasture with the help of my wife and folks. I got incredibly lucky and found a wonderful woman to put up with me and my gun habit, had three beautiful kids, and built two rifle ranges along the way. We have a lot of fun and hope all of you can come shoot with us sometime at Smithmoor!
thanks for asking!
Cody
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

You have done a heck of a job, Cody, for our sport. Keep it up. We need supporters, such as yourself, to keep it going. Running matches is not easy, but it is rewarding to see people grow in this sport.................
Another is Robert Garibay in his attempt to keep BPTR alive. See: https://bptra.org/

It's encouraging to see young mentors continuing the the saga. :-)........
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
Youngblood

Post by Youngblood »

Williamsmattc,
Thanks for the tip of the hat Captain, back at ya.

Im a lifer Sgt myself. Just doing my time.
Youngblood

Post by Youngblood »

And hats off to everyone else here too, seems like we all have old fashioned man type jobs. Makes sense too since we are here to talk about our old fashion mans man guns. No offense to any ladies present, youre cool too.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

25 years as an Oklahoma City Police Officer. 20 years in Investigations, 5 of those years in Narcotics , Firearms instructor for the PD, retired and worked in the Oklahoma County da's office as an investigator for about three years and then about 10 years as an Adjunct professor at OSU in OKC in the cops program. My goals as a child were to be a Police Officer and a Teacher..I have been both. Now My immediate goal is to shoot as good as Brian Chilson!!!
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Good luck with that last goal Glenn. Brian is one tough competitor. He doesn't give up points easily, but I too keep trying. I'm loaded and ready to try again.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
BML

Post by BML »

Air traffic controller, currently stationed in ABQ, NM. I am a radar controller, and control all traffic from the ground to space from as far west as the Lake Havasu/Needles/Parker area, all the way east to the Saint Johns/Gallup Area and north from about the Kingman/Grand Canyon/Flagstaff/Winslow Area to as far south as Pheonix and Luke AFB. I work all of the arrivals and departures into and out of Pheonix and secondary PHX airports going to and from the NW, N, and NE, as well as a substantial amount of military airspace to support Luke AFB. We feed and do all of the initial spacing for the east/southeastern streams into LAX and Southern California airports as well as Vegas. I am 28 years old and my wife and I have been here in ABQ for 3 years. We are really enjoying NM and the fly fishing, hunting (when we can draw tags :roll: ), and visiting Raton to go shoot, but really miss our home state of North Carolina and all of our family back home.
semtav

Post by semtav »

Cropduster in the summer
Predator control in the winter

winter wonderland.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gussy

Post by Gussy »

semtav wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:37 pm Cropduster in the summer

winter wonderland.jpg
Neat photo!!

You left out mosquito bomber.... :lol: :lol:
GrumpyBear

Post by GrumpyBear »

Gussy wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:45 pm

winter wonderland.jpg
Neat photo!!

You left out mosquito bomber.... :lol: :lol:
Agreed neat photo, are you the mosquito bomber that did the Quigley last year?

If so many Thanks. If not cool photo anyway.
semtav

Post by semtav »

GrumpyBear wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:18 pm

Agreed neat photo, are you the mosquito bomber that did the Quigley last year?

If so many Thanks. If not cool photo anyway.
I'm usually off in another county spraying that time of year so one of my pilots does it.
RK

Post by RK »

winter wonderland.jpg
Love those Super Cubs!