Well, Shoot %$&*@#

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Aviator

Well, Shoot %$&*@#

Post by Aviator »

I decided last fall that I wanted to try BPCR Silhouette, and Long Range Target Rifle. So of course I had to learn to shoot black powder....
I have been diligently working at it, and have been to three silhouette matches, and have been to Phoenix and Lodi for long range target rifle matches.
My schedule couldn't work out for the NRA Nationals, but it turns out the long range match isn't happening anyway (maybe never again?).

I intend to go back to Lodi, WI for the Fall Classic 1000 yard target match in September :D .

Then, I heard about the Rocky Mountain Championship long and mid range match at Byers, CO.
I thought great, I can go to two more long range matches this year!
Look it up, and find that it is the same weekend as the Lodi match! ARGHHH! :roll:

With so few long range matches within a 20 hour or so drive of Indiana, that is more than a little disappointing.....
desert deuce

Re: Well, Shoot %$&*@#

Post by desert deuce »

With a forum handle like Aviator, one wonders why you don't jump in your King Air and attend them all?
Might invite Fogman to ride along and make it an extended social event.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
BFD

Post by BFD »

Aviator wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:15 pm
Then, I heard about the Rocky Mountain Championship long and mid range match at Byers, CO.
I thought great, I can go to two more long range matches this year!
Look it up, and find that it is the same weekend as the Lodi match! ARGHHH! :roll:
Of course it is. Just like Cody's rant about the NRA scheduling on top of the Montana Match. Same thing.
Aviator

Post by Aviator »

HA!

I'm at the bottom end of the aviation spectrum!
I can't even spell Kign Ari....
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

There is always the Hell Gate Shoot near Missoula, Montana

AUGUST 17-18 Silhouette 5 days of rest AUG 24-25 Long Range

Great camping on the range, beautiful facilities in the mountains. Fun matches and great bunch of shooters.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
Aviator

Post by Aviator »

Hmmm, very interesting! Only a 27 hour drive... A possibility...
Or maybe the Midrange target match at Cheyenne on Aug 18, then the Longrange at Missoula...
Aviator

Post by Aviator »

Well, I guess maybe not Cheyenne. Just read a post by 40-65rl saying not to expect an August mid-range...
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

well Im working with the "powers at be" at Lodi , and Im trying to get them to extend the silhouette range to 900yrds so we can have more shoots maybe they will see it my way....see you this fall!!!!!! Matt
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
BFD

Post by BFD »

bpcr shooter wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:30 am well Im working with the "powers at be" at Lodi , and Im trying to get them to extend the silhouette range to 900yrds so we can have more shoots maybe they will see it my way....see you this fall!!!!!! Matt
What are you going to do with a 900 yd silhouette range? Especially when you can just move a hundred yards to the south and shoot 900 yds and more on paper. Whats the plan?
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

the plan is to be able to shoot 900 at steel and move off the high power range. It would strictly be a steel range we are limited to 1k for BP loads on the high power and shooting small targets with open sights is tough!!! so getting bigger targets (steel) maybe buffalo size?? having a 900 yrd steel match sounds interesting, not too many places around have that, so bringing new or old shooter together again. Im just starting with a proposal, so it would prolly be a while before anything happened IF it would.... I do enjoy shooting at paper but it would offer another reason to go there and shoot BP. If you have any ideas shoot..........
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
BFD

Post by BFD »

PM incoming.