What If.........

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Don McDowell

Re: What If.........

Post by Don McDowell »

Well Jim, I was simply curious as to why all the discrepancy, and figured you might be the best place to get some answers.
Damn shame when simple questions, and what could be an informative discussion results in your response above.
As I stated in my first post. Sunshine is the best disinfectant.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
40-65rl

Post by 40-65rl »

To all the paper punchers out there............Cheyenne has a premier High power range that is well maintained and has mid range matches. If you are going to Byers we are only 120 miles north. Next match is second weekend in August. PM me for more info. We are a member of the BPTRA created by Robert Garibay from Byers. Would love to have folks share the nice range in some of the most beautiful country around. This range is currently only used 5-6 times a year. If there is an interest in shooting here I can schedule matches pretty much when I want to work around other matches you may be attending. Let me know what is good for you, want to get this range some use. We have had .22 BPTR matches on the Saturday and mid range matches on Sunday but if there is interest I can schedule the 22 match on Friday PM and the had a two day mid range match in August. Maybe a 200, 300, 600 and a 600 any. Again, let me know what you want.
Dick
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

The pits at Cheyenne are fantastic pits and Dick knows how to run a good match..
Unfortunately for me his scheduled dates just simply aren't working out for me.. Maybe the August match, but it's looking shaky..
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Got out the Atlas, found Cheyenne down in the Southeast corner of Whyoming, about ten miles north of Colorado State Line, and you pass through Worland on the way to Missoula. Hmmmm.

Can't be far from Byers, Colorado, the other way.

Wonder how many BPCR shooters live within a 200 mile radius that would come out and shoot ?
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Duece here's the view from one of the firing lines at Cheyenne, and an inside the pits pic.

What would be really great would be the CR&P club to be able to get a grant from NRA foundation so they could extend the range to 1000 yards
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Now that is class.................
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Yes it is, and those targets run up and down so easy, you have to be careful when raising them up it doesn't hit the top stop hard enough to flip the target out of the stand. Target room is enclosed one end of the pits and workroom on the other, and like Byers, the hooter is located so a cease fire isn't needed for someone to go use it.
40-65rl

Post by 40-65rl »

Thanks Jim K for the kind words. I truly believe Cheyenne and Byers are two of the best BPTRA ranges west of the Mississippi and that includes Raton. Cheyenne is just a bit short, only 600 yards, than Byers. Target room has over 50 targets pasted and ready at any time and range is well groomed, no weeks and such. Hope to see folks in August. Thanks again Jim. See me at Raton I have something for ya.
Dick
AKA 40-65RL
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Dick, I'm serious. I thought we had a nice setup for midrange, but you and Byers have set the new standard. I don't know of any other east of the Mississippi that could compare. It looks like it would be the most convenient/comfortable pits around. I would like to attend in the future. See you soon.............
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
JRV

Post by JRV »

The FROG, LaPierre, would not allow it. It might deplete his slush fund.