New Laws for Black Powder?

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Coltsmoke

New Laws for Black Powder?

Post by Coltsmoke »

I'm hearing rumors of new laws starting Jan. 1 2020, about buying guns, and all reloading components, brass cases, BLACK POWDER, bullets, primers and so on. I was told you will no longer be able to buy any of this on line, it will have to be purchased directly from a dealer in person. It was said the NRA was fighting against this, but lost the fight. President Trump was in favor of this all the way. This person said it was an article on Fox News they read about 2 months ago. Is this just rumors, fake news, are is this for real and just being kept quiet?
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
gmcsw

Re: New Laws for Black Powder?

Post by gmcsw »

Boy, I guess I will stock up a little faster just in case that happens. I am sure they will try and seek it by. NY is already out of control.
gmcsw

Post by gmcsw »

Boy, I guess I will stock up a little faster just in case that happens. I am sure they will try and seek it by. NY is already out of control.
powderburnt

Post by powderburnt »

I just spent about 30 minutes checking news sources on the web and the only big news was California requiring that buyers of ammuniton pass a background check and pay a $1.00 fee. Reloading supplies are not affected. There is no restriction on the amount of ammo but the $1.00 fee will be charged each time a purchase. Can't find anything else mentioned for national changes but who knows. I've heard some mumbling about the legality of paper patching lead bullets :shock:

HG
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Agree with PB.
We in PRK can't buy mail order ammo after July 1 2019.
You can still have reloading stuff delivered to you door unless a local law says you can't.
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
arnie

Post by arnie »

The only thing I hear is Trump doesn't like suppresers