New Old Sharps

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Kirk Stovall

New Old Sharps

Post by Kirk Stovall »

I picked up a nice conversion at the Cody gun show. It is a 17 pounder, with a L.N. Fogg scope in 45-110 caliber. The bore is excellent and there is plenty of color/case still on the receiver and lever. I hope to be shooting it soon...

PROUD MEMBER #2 OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB!
Dan O

Re: New Old Sharps

Post by Dan O »

Kirk very nice find. Any idea when the scope was produced and what power it is? Is the scope in useable condition?

Dan
GrumpyBear

Post by GrumpyBear »

Nice looking rifle,congratulations.
Tom Trevor

Post by Tom Trevor »

Would that be L.N. MOGG ? and not FOGG.
bobw

Post by bobw »

Looks nice Shrappy is it a Meachum conversion? Is it a tight chamber gun like the originals? bobw
bobw
MacRob46

Post by MacRob46 »

Very nice rifle Kirk. All original?

Had a chance to buy a similar rifle, sans scope, at a gun show in Great Falls nearly 50 years ago. I had the money and wanted the gun, but talked myself out of it.
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

bobw wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:20 am Looks nice Shrappy is it a Meachum conversion? Is it a tight chamber gun like the originals? bobw
I saw it in Denver last may and Tom Winters just happened to walk by when I was looking at it and helped to determine it is a Meachum conversion. I had already blown a ton of money at Denver and the owner told me he would have it in Cody. I met him in Cody and bought it. Now I have to get it shooting...
PROUD MEMBER #2 OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB!
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Nice bit of Sharps history there Kirk.
Good find :!:
Looking forward to a range report. :wink:
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
bobw

Post by bobw »

Kirk Stovall wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:26 am
bobw wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:20 am Looks nice Shrappy is it a Meachum conversion? Is it a tight chamber gun like the originals? bobw
I saw it in Denver last may and Tom Winters just happened to walk by when I was looking at it and helped to determine it is a Meachum conversion. I had already blown a ton of money at Denver and the owner told me he would have it in Cody. I met him in Cody and bought it. Now I have to get it shooting...
Yeah nice, a lot of the Meachums I've seen had the same or very similar checkering on the butt like yours. If it's chambered tight you probably won't get it to accept any case loaded with a .458" grease groove bullet. Send me a pm if you need some .442" ppb's bobw
bobw