Silhouette Champion Of the World

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Kenny Wasserburger

Re: Silhouette Champion Of the World

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Glen, I was referring to Clarence and Del’s comments, which I inferred were in relation to DCM or CMP or As the NRA Refers too Highpower, since the word silhouette was specifically not mentioned, that was my reference too.

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Ok
I've never shot either of those so I have no idea. Aaron farmer is very experienced in those events I think. I watched while he and Daniel MacDonald shot BPCR at the nationals and they seem to be calling the wind very well.

Calling the wind is something Jeanne and i are still novices at.

I was a Pistol and shotgun guy for most of my younger years and never learned how to dope wind. Better Late than never.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Well Glen,

It would seem then, you have a lot to learn about rifle Shooting then. :wink:

As for the championship Rifle Silhouette Shooter, probably should Check out David Tubb, he has over 30 National titles in Highpower Silhouette, oh and 11 Highpower Rifle National Champion Titles.

He btw happens to be a friend of mine too. I first met David in 1992 at a place called Camp Perry.

A few years back we shared a very fun moment at Raton on the White Buffalo at 1130 yards with a 45-90 Shiloh Sharps, you will never guess who was spotting for him, and making the corrections on that MVA soule sight, because he didn’t know how to adjust it.

Oh PS

by Michael Johnson » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:39 pm

"Reading the Wind" by Jim Owens MSgt, USMC ret. (available on Amazon) and the Wyoming Wind Chart sold by Shiloh.

That wind Chart that Doc Johnson mentions, a Wyoming Coal miner came up with that in 1997-98 on a Autocad program. From a old historic book on long range shooting, you will never guess who it is. :lol:

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Kenny
This competitive rifle stuff is all pure relaxation and relatively new to me. I was a high strung, run and gun Pistol shooter years ago where the winner and loser were hundredths of a second apart...and that type of shooting served me well in the field.
The slow , ( to me ) rifle shooting is a lot like fishing. It's fun and I get to relax.

Jeanne was 50 before she ever touched a rifle and I was well retired before I took up Silhouette. I was talked into Lever action silhouette by a Marine Sniper of all people. I worked with his dad( who was a bad ass) and the Marine told me I needed to try Silhouette..I thought he was kidding me.

Lever action silhouette is still fun and BPCR was just on my bucket list.

This is a relaxing sport for me where Jeanne and I can be a team.
Having Fun and meeting like folks is where I'm at in life .
I have seen and taken part in SUPER competitive sports where the mind games started weeks before , continued into the parking lot and in between relays.
I'm 63, and just want to learn a few wind tricks to put a couple more x's on the score card and then..Eat , Laugh and tell corny jokes with new friends.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.