Shiloh visit

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

losttrail

Shiloh visit

Post by losttrail »

We are up in MT camping on our land outside Reed Point, meeting with builder, getting set for perc test, electric, etc.
Finally decided to visit Shiloh in Big Timber yesterday morning.
Let the waiting begin. Currently 15 months until build starts, then 3-4 months until I can have it.
Since I've wanted one since 1991, of course it's a Quigley in .45-110.
I'm well familiar with my C. Sharps 1875 in .40-65 GG, but want the new beastie to shoot PP so have a bunch more learning to do.
Wish I would have done this years ago but better late than never.
Anna was great, of course. Now waiting for late 2020 or early 2021 is going to be tough. But getting our house built back home in MT and running our business should keep me busy.
“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It our job to see that it stays there.” - George Orwell
NRA Life Member
SASS Member
RMEF member
Army Veteran, Tank Commander
Lumpy Grits

Re: Shiloh visit

Post by Lumpy Grits »

When we visit-My wife makes me put my hands in my pockets, and hand her the CC. :lol:
Did you stop in at The Fort?
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
losttrail

Post by losttrail »

Yes! Have been there in years. Love a gun store in a gas station. Sadly, many of their prices are crazy. Unique was $32.99/#. Can get it in CO for $19,99/#.

Thankfully, wife has been pushing me to get a Quigley on order for over a year. Maybe she just wants me to stop watching the movie 5-6 times a month.
“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It our job to see that it stays there.” - George Orwell
NRA Life Member
SASS Member
RMEF member
Perentie

Post by Perentie »

Its a shame there are not more of us" down under" to get a Quigley style match going here.
bruce m

Post by bruce m »

we can't even get a proper creedmoor match down here.
bruce.
ventum est amicus meus
Gussy

Post by Gussy »

bruce m wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:25 am we can't even get a proper creedmoor match down here.
bruce.
Have a few movie theaters show the movie monthly. Build up the interest. Worked here :x :lol:
johnl

Post by johnl »

Lumpy Grits wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:53 pm When we visit-My wife makes me put my hands in my pockets, and hand her the CC. :lol:
Gary

Lump grow a set ffs :wink: better yet keep her home :lol:
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

johnl wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:07 am
Lumpy Grits wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:53 pm When we visit-My wife makes me put my hands in my pockets, and hand her the CC. :lol:
Gary

She owns and shoots her own Shiloh '74.
I'll keep her------ :P
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
johnl

Post by johnl »

Lumpy Grits wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:55 pm
johnl wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:07 am
Gary

She owns and shoots her own Shiloh '74.
I'll keep her------ :P
Gary
Wise man :D
losttrail

Post by losttrail »

I would also love to get a Montana Rough Rider, but now we are focusing on beginning the build of our home outside Reed Point, so funds are directed towards that.

Accepting donations for the Rough Rider Acquisition Fund though. :lol:
NRA Life Member
SASS Member
RMEF member
losttrail

Post by losttrail »

Well, we received an unexpected financial blessing a couple weeks ago. That enabled us to pay off the Quigley order I placed in July.

So now it's just a matter of waiting for the call that production is ready to begin. As of July when I placed the order, 15 months was the quoted wait time so I guess October of 2020 I should get the call.

Still working on getting brass, found a guy with 150 cased of once or twice fired .45-110 at a very good price so those coupled with the 100 .45-120 I have to cut down is a good start. Still need another 400-500 to make me comfortable.

Now I need to get my 600 .40-65 reloaded.....
NRA Life Member
SASS Member
RMEF member