Is Shiloh Rifle Manufacturing Co. FOR SALE?

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Lumpy Grits

Re: Is Shiloh Rifle Manufacturing Co. FOR SALE?

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Lucinda and ALL of Shiloh Rifle....
I apologize, for any frustration/anger my post has caused :!:
It was never/ever my intent to do such.
Please delete this 'thread'.

Respectfully,
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
nineteen76

Post by nineteen76 »

Lumper,
Do they make a 50 pound bag of M&M's????????
gus65

Post by gus65 »

Well stated Lucinda.
stevewhr

Post by stevewhr »

Best wishes to the entire family. Thank you for producing a great product and one I'm proud to own! I'll miss my trophy phone calls Lou... Steve
wyomingsightdrifter.com
Doug

Post by Doug »

The Bryans are wonderful people....they have all been extremely generous, helpful, and friendly over the years, and I have enjoyed my visits to the shop picking up rifles and touring the operation on multiple occasions. What a great company.

I’ll admit, it was a real bummer hearing they may be selling Shiloh, but completely understandable.

I remember being introduced to Shiloh by a gun dealer in Blackfoot, ID (and friend of the family) just after graduating from Idaho State University.....I immediately became hooked and had to order my 1st rifle (a Bryan rifle). At the time, I didn’t have a pot to piss in but thought with a 4-5 year wait, I could slowly save enough money.....and I did. I haven’t looked back since, and have six 74s and one 77 in my collection. They are absolute perfection and will be treasured for life.

Now, if a transition does take place.....maybe we can have another special commemorative rifle produced (like the Hartford Commemorative when the company transitioned from Wolfgang to the Bryans)....that would be sweet!!! ??

Best wishes to the entire family.
bucksnort

Post by bucksnort »

Are rifle orders still being taken? Thanks.
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Yes, rifle orders are still being taken, nothing has changed nor will it be changed. We are just feeling different avenues so that it continues going. We are all getting long in the toothe you know, we have to keep the future of the company first!!!
kenny s

Post by kenny s »

It must give you great pleasure to know that you have done something Right with Shiloh.
All of us are here because we are proud owners of your rifles. (I have Two)
Your customer service is superb and your reputation is fully intact.

from All of us, to All of you....many Thanks and good wishes.
Ken
bobw

Post by bobw »

Kirk and Lucinda, thank you for being candid about what is your personal business. That said I trust you to do what is in your best personal interest. I am pleased to have bought as many Shilohs as I have and consider them second to none of any firearms I own. Do what you folks need to and best of luck for the future. I speak for myself. bobw
bobw
pete

Post by pete »

Well I can't add much to what's already been said but if the sale happens I just want to say thanks for the memories both past and those to be made in the future. And for making a middle aged guy feel like a kid at Christmas. I guess the same can be said if a sale doesn't happen. :)
losttrail

Post by losttrail »

If only I had deep enough pockets, I'd jump in.

Since I just placed an order for my first Shiloh last week (idiot me for waiting so long), hopefully nothing will affect that build. Has me thinking or ordering another one now.

To add on to Lucinda's response, this generation of millennials is a royal pain to figure out. Trying to find even one that is willing to put in a good days work is nearly impossible, much less get them to commit to learning a trade or career.

I am extremely grateful to Kirk and Lucinda for what they have done for the history and joy they have captured and created.
“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It our job to see that it stays there.” - George Orwell
NRA Life Member
SASS Member
RMEF member
Army Veteran, Tank Commander
bobw

Post by bobw »

pete wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:17 pm Well I can't add much . And for making a middle aged guy feel like a kid at Christmas. :)
Pete you and I have our differences but I couldn't agree more with your statement. Fact is I've come to understand that X-mas starts in Big Timber and never ends when it is finally at and in hand. Shilohs are simply the finest material items in my world. bobw
bobw
pete

Post by pete »

Thanks Bob. We have some things in common too. :)