Is Shiloh Rifle Manufacturing Co. FOR SALE?

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Lumpy Grits

Is Shiloh Rifle Manufacturing Co. FOR SALE?

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Wife pointed this out to me from FB.
https://www.haydenoutdoors.com/land-for ... K4rkoMYxiA

IF true---
Think'n the world might be ending...... :cry:

Respectfully,
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
bruce m

Re: Is Shiloh Rifle Manufacturing Co. FOR SALE?

Post by bruce m »

well if the beancounters get hold of it, current production will soar in value.
there are many full custom rifles around that lack the fit and finish of shiloh
bruce.
ventum est amicus meus
pacecars

Post by pacecars »

I need to win the lottery
Real gun powder is black.
johnl

Post by johnl »

Sad if it does :( However Kirk and Lucinda probably want to retire. Hey Kirk, if you do sell can you tell us in advance if you don’t mind, probably would driving down from the island one more time for a visit before you sail off into the sunset.
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

guess I better get my order in!!! Ive always wanted a Shiloh and could never afford one, now Im all grown up and have been saving for one and they are selling!!!! CRAP!! guess all good things must come to an end.... they have been making BEAUTIFUL rifles for almost 30yrs, im sure they are getting tired. Most importantly I hope this fourm keeps going!!! I have met a few of you in the past and am looking forward to meeting more of you!!! also learning more from you all :wink:
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
kenny s

Post by kenny s »

all our Shiloh's just doubled in value!
they will be Sadly Missed because you know when the 'bean counters' get in they will be looking to 'streamline' the process.
read that as Degrade....

Ken
BFD

Post by BFD »

kenny s wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:11 am all our Shiloh's just doubled in value!
they will be Sadly Missed because you know when the 'bean counters' get in they will be looking to 'streamline' the process.
read that as Degrade....

Ken
How so? The Shiloh's were a originally a fine rifle that got better after Kirk bought out Wolfgang. Why can't that happen again? You never know what the future will bring. Might be better.
johnl

Post by johnl »

Would be ironic if it get bought by the folks from down the street.
BFD

Post by BFD »

It is so amazing that there is not one, but TWO Sharps manufactures for sale and they are only a block apart.
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Don't panic. :) A lot of companies put out feelers to see what the market is worth..................
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
kenny s

Post by kenny s »

you're right.....C Sharps is right across the street....interesting!

OLD RELIABLE logo on a Shiloh? could be....
Ken
MacRob46

Post by MacRob46 »

Simmer down boys! You are worrying too much.

The company is being offered as a "going concern" so anyone who pays that price will not do so simply to liquidate the assets. It seems to me that Shiloh, and C. Sharps, are on sort of a middle ground in the gun manufacturing business. They don't make ARs or handguns, which as we all know are under attack from many sides these days. Instead they are making an extremely high quality product for which there is demand, but not demand to compare with what Ruger, Remington, Savage...etc. deal with. Theirs is a niche market. They will need to find a buyer who has a feel for the type of firearms they are producing along with the market for them to have a successful transaction. I don't know who that will be or if there is even someone out there who would fit the culture of quality they have developed, and be able to handle the scale of the operation as well. Placing the company on the market was necessary to find that out, as Jim said above.

Let's all take a deep breath and relax. Nothing is likely to happen immediately and the company has not announced it on their site so considering it would be unwise, i.e. affect the value of the company on the market, to shut down operations before a sale, the pipeline of their wonderful rifles is not likely to dry up.

My apologies to Kirk and Lucinda if I appear to be meddling in their business. I spent 39 years in banking and was able to observe similar transactions during my career. Sometimes the banker in me comes out in spite of everything.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

BFD wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:09 am It is so amazing that there is not one, but TWO Sharps manufactures for sale and they are only a block apart.
Speaking of C. Sharps, recently heard that John Schoffstahl (sp?) is in assisted living or something in PA. Wonder if there is any truth to that.
Glenn
Lucinda

Post by Lucinda »

Good Morning Everyone! First of all, I am not sure what makes someone feel they can post something to our forum that is private and personal. So now that it has been posted let us explain why: This is a personal choice, which was a hard one for us. When Kirk lost his youngest son (22 years of age) in December 2017 to suicide, it tends to suck the life right out of you. We have no generations below us to take this business over. Kirks oldest son is an engineer on the chinook helicopters and that’s his love and passion and my daughter is career Navy and has no desire to be in this business. Our folks are 81 and 78 years of age so what is one to do. Look around at the generations and know that younger people don’t want to take a chance in life and own a business. This generation wants to text and be on their phones and social media non-stop. We are trying to see what the market and interest would be in a rifle manufacturing company. We love what we have been doing and love our customers and just because it’s now known we are for sale it does not change our quality on our product or the love we have for our customers. If it does happen to transpire, be assured that it will be done very carefully. The last thing we want is to have a 43 year old Company die and the history to be lost. Wolfgang done it the same way almost 30 years ago when we purchased the business.

Thanks
Kirk, Lucinda, Bob and Phyllis Bryan
BFD

Post by BFD »

It all makes good sense to me. Shiloh is a great company, and there is no reason that should not continue. Best of luck to you, Lucinda.