Service from Lyman

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

MacRob46

Service from Lyman

Post by MacRob46 »

I have used Lyman reloading equipment, and other brands as well, for the last 40+ years. I like Lyman and although some folks seem to feel that it is not the same quality as the more expensive brands, I have not found that to be an issue. I did have my first problem in all that time recently. A burr developed on the seating plug in my three year old .44-40 dies. Have no idea what happened but I guess it was something I did. The burr was aggravating and too small to file out. I contacted Lyman, got an immediate response and within a week had a new plug at no charge.

To me the quick reply and turnaround for my request indicates a service culture that is found all too rarely these days. I will certainly continue to do business with them and have urged my son, who will one day inherit all my stuff, to do the same.
GrumpyBear

Re: Service from Lyman

Post by GrumpyBear »

Some of my first dies were Lyman, still in use today, started reloading when I was 13, about 50 years ago. My 45-90 dies a much more recent purchase are working just fine for me, I have no issues with Lyman. Good to hear that they still provide that kind of service,it's getting rarer and rarer.
TexasMac

Re: Service from Lyman

Post by TexasMac »

I've used and currently have several Luman dies and until now have had no problems. Lyman had a quality problem with one of their dies recently. I bought a .40-65 neck sizing die through Midway which was rough inside and chattered badly in use. I contacted Lyman & customer service said they had a batch that were not polished out properly. They promptly sent a free replacement.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com