Hi lux Malcomb 6x scope

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

mdeland

Hi lux Malcomb 6x scope

Post by mdeland »

Picked one up for$200.00 at a gun show yesterday and was curious as to the opinion of quality of the scope. Got a set of high and low mounts with it that seem kind of clunky but the scope appears clear and well made. I'd suppose it made in China.
Gussy

Re: Hi lux Malcomb 6x scope

Post by Gussy »

You just said it. The main detraction is the clunky mounts. I have one on my hunting rifle, clunky mounts and all. Seems to be fine for that use. Yes on China.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Optics are good, crosshair a touch heavy, mounts are junk. Stick it in DZ unertl mounts and you're good to go.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm taking it!
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

As Don said, the glass is decent. I've heard of 1 or 2 that have had significant parallax adjustment issues, so you might want to verify that yours doesn't have those problems before investing ing $450 mounts. At that point, you will have the same money in the scope as an MVA 5x, but with heavier crosshairs and twice the vertical adjustment.

Clarence
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Good point Clarence, Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out. I have an MVA 23 inch and their Silhouette mounts which is why I immediately saw how clunky the hardware was that came with the scope.
bobw

Post by bobw »

Shot with a guy yesterday who was using the Hi lux scope and he liked it. He used MVA mounts with his. I asked him and that is what he told me, he said he liked the scope better than the MVA. bobw
bobw
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

In researching the scope before going back and buying it , I found that they were sealed, filled with nitrogen and the glass lenses were multi coated. This one looks as if it just came out of the shipping container.
pacecars

Post by pacecars »

I used one on a .40-50 SBN for hunting and since I hunt in Florida where the weather can be 20 something in the morning and 80 by noon I really need a sealed scope. It worked great and the mounts are ok as fixed mounts for a hunting gun where you are not going to be adjusting the scope, otherwise they are crap.
Real gun powder is black.