Mid Range BPTR National Championship - Redux

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Jim Kidwell

Mid Range BPTR National Championship - Redux

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Been thinking about this a lot. Some of the concerns of past BPTR / BPCR National competitors are:
1) Varying dates from year to year - This can't be helped due to Whittington Center commitments.
2) Time away from home/work - See below
3) Climate - An act of God. Suck it up Iron Men/Women.
4) Flexibility - Many want choices to shoot - See below
5) et cetera....
The following is a possible schedule which gives some flexibility to concerns above. It is a bastardized version of what we had in the early 2000's, when we had large attendance. It is not ideal and will not fit some personal schedules, but it might fit the majority. "It is what it is". There are some possibilities of increased crossover for the target rifle folks. This needs to grow or it will go away permanently. No one wants to see this.

Let me iterate what others have said before. The Whittington Center is a world class shooting facility. It is where the Nationals should be held. Blaming the NRA for all our problems is a scape goat for people who lack the knowledge of the big picture. They (NRA) want this sport to grow. That is one of the reasons they have turned over the Nationals to people who have this sport at heart. You have no idea what it takes to do this. Any volunteers? :)

Date Day BPTR Estimate Best Possible Crossover BPCR Estimate
7/27/2020 Mon Registration Practice Registration Practice
7/28/2020 Tues Position 30 90 - BPCR Iron Scope 100
7/29/2020 Wed Position 30 90 - BPCR Iron Scope 100
7/30/2020 Thur Prone 30 100 - BPCR Scope Iron 90
7/31/2020 Fri Prone 30 100 - BPCR Scope Iron 90
8/1/2020 Sat Creedmoor 30 20 - ?
8/2/2020 Sun Creedmoor 30 21 - ?
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
Don McDowell

Re: Mid Range BPTR National Championship - Redux

Post by Don McDowell »

Sounds alright.
1 thing that might help turn out on the bptr is to slide that schedule 1 day so that all the matches are concluded Saturday so that folks still working can use Sunday to get headed home.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Can't do it, Don. That is the last day of 22BPCRA................
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Yeh I see that's scheduled thru 2023 that way,, but it was a thought. Onward and upward..
VectorMan

Post by VectorMan »

Don McDowell wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:30 pm Yeh I see that's scheduled thru 2023 that way,, but it was a thought. Onward and upward..
Are the dates set for 22 BPCR and BPCR big bore silhouette nationals for 2020?

And all the way out til 2023 for 22 BPCR?
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Yes.......

22BPCRA - July 25-26, 2020
BPCR - July 27-31, 2020

Hope to see you there...............
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

kevin the dates on the Whittington calendar have those dates thru 2022 or 23, and then in 24 it goes back to that stupid late june thing.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Jim
I love you man and your passion for shooting is second to none. You run a damn good match and have good, solid ideas.

The NRA folks and Jeanne tried last year ..there was a lot of money spent ( by the NRA and out of my pocket ) to try to make the BPTR nationals happen .

Those efforts were scorned by a few very negative folks and one person , not connected to the NRA or the match, came on a public forum and announced the match cancelled.

I have been told by an " all knowing " BPTR shooter, that the ideas last year were not smart ones so I will second your challenge to the negative folks

......One of you take the reins NOW and make a BPTR nationals at the Whittington center happen with your parameters, under YOUR conditions, on YOUR schedule. I will come shoot it no matter what the date and I don't care who the sponsoring organization is. Call it the Hillary Clinton invitational..I'll still come shoot it.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Glenn there are BPTR matches at Harris MN next weekend, and Camp Atterbury In., next month. Maybe just for kicks and grins you might want to try to get to one or both of those. Just so that you can get your feet wet before the nationals next year.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Thanks for the invite Don..I really want to shoot BPTR..This weekend I'll be shooting three silhouette matches..but if I can find one close and Jeanne is free in the near future I want to shoot one. I HOPE there will be a national match at Raton. I love that place and it's the perfect venue to mark another item off my bucket list.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

There's also one in Lodi, Ws, this fall but I believe the same weekend as a silhouette match in Ok or tx..
There's a big shootapaloosa plan in the works for the first part of March at the Ben Avery, then the tail end of March the Creedmoor 150 at Oak Ridge, and if Cliff can hang on to his time slot at Lodi, there should be the Creedmoor cup and WS state match on mothers day weekend..
The Whittington is a great place to be sure, but it's an awfully tough place to break into long range BPTR.
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Jim,

If I am reading this right, I am all in to shoot scope Bpcr and scope prone midrange and the Creedmoor it’s a long haul but would be worth it.

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Kenny,
We're talking about it for now. It gives a lot of options to do a lot of shooting, Also, don't forget the 22BPCRA which proceeds it. :) .........
BFD

Post by BFD »

I'd shoot The Creedmoor. I find midrange not that interesting.
longshot10x

Post by longshot10x »

Thanks guys for keeping on trying to work this out. Dates work for me. I'll be there.
After all I was one of the 16 who signed up this year. Mike Gephardt
Well boys lets go do something even if it is wrong!