Decapping 45-110 brass.

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

SFogler

Re: Decapping 45-110 brass.

Post by SFogler »

Shiloh offers a hand decapping tool that I use on 45-110 cases. I don't use the decapper in my sizing die because by that time my cases have already been decapped and washed or tumbled so no need to mess with it. Once my cases have been fired I don't need to size them anyway. The hand tool goes with me to matches so I can decap there and get them into water or clean them if I'm camping at the match.
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

Jim Kluskens aka "Distant Thunder" makes a cool decapping tool that I have used for close to twenty years. I decap at the range into a quart bottle of water with a squirt of Dawn soap and then take them home to tumble in ceramic with a Thumblers tumbler Model B.
losttrail

Post by losttrail »

Just received the Harvey Deprimer in the mail.

Had about 30 .308 Win sitting by my desk that needed depriming. WOW, this thing is slick! Even popped out a couple of LC military primers no problem.

This will now let me deprime while watching TV. NICE! So I can make a dent in the 15,000+ cases of various calibers that I've been given over the past couple years.
“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It our job to see that it stays there.” - George Orwell
NRA Life Member
SASS Member
RMEF member
Army Veteran, Tank Commander