Frank Noble

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Del

Frank Noble

Post by Del »

To those from NW Montana as well as others, I was asked to disseminate the information that last night Frank Noble, fellow shooter and retired police officer, was stung by a yellow jacket while at home alone and was unable to get to his EpiPen and was found passed away by his wife, Mary, on her return home. He was found I was told with the EpiPen in his hand but must not have been able to use it before suffering the affects of the yellow jacket sting.

I was told that his funeral will be on the anniversary date of when his two children lost their lives in an automobile accident west of Ovando, MT twelve years ago at the ages of 18 and 13, September 1st. More information will follow I'm sure.

Frank was a good shooter, well liked, a scholar and historian, and retired Border Patrol officer working both in Texas as well as Montana. He will be missed...
Fortune Favors the Bold...
GrumpyBear

Re: Frank Noble

Post by GrumpyBear »

Prayers offered for his wife for her loss,and for Frank.
BFD

Post by BFD »

This is amazingly bad news. I can't believe it. I shot with Frank the few times I attended the NW Regional in Missoula. He was such a great guy. One of the nicest guys you could hope to meet. He had a certain precision about everything he did, from the way he laid out his shooting gear, to the way he cleaned his rifle, to the way he would tell a story. And he loved to tell stories - he was really good at it.

He had a vintage Shasta camping trailer that he had restored. I didn't even realize there was a thing such as vintage campers, but there is. He was very proud of it, and rightfully so. It was damn cool. And, like every thing of Frank's, it was pin neat and each part of it had an explicit purpose for being exactly the way it was.

Frank probably had quite a bit more than his fair share of bad luck through no fault of his own, but he was predictably, dependably, an upbeat, positive person that always wanted to help someone out.

If you didn't get to know Frank, you missed out on one of the best people around.

I can't believe a single yellow jacket can kill a man like that, but I know it happens. This time it happened to one of the really good folks.

I'll miss you Frank. For sure.

Frank in 2014
MLV

Post by MLV »

Brent, when I squaded you with Frank that first time I hoped you would get along ok. Not knowing each other and all. I needn't have worried.

He was a good man. It is hard to accept he is gone.
Mike V.
Beware the man with one rifle. He may not have enough interest in it to be competent!
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

never met the man but, he sounded like a great shooter and an even better man. RIP Frank.
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
RWBURKE

Post by RWBURKE »

Very sorry to learn of his passing. I had the pleasure of shooting with him at Missoula, I'm so glad the opportunity arose. Rest Easy Frank.
Del

Post by Del »

Fortune Favors the Bold...
old101lrrp

Post by old101lrrp »

Shot with Frank for a number of years at the Deep Creek Range in Missoula. Always enjoyed his humor and yes his love of that old Shasta trailer along with his vintage Ford PU to pull it with. RIP Frank....
J. Prouty
Hood Canal Hooligans B.P.C R. Team
"The taste of Freedom to those who fought for it is something the protected will never know"