Big Whiskey Results Are In

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Kirk Stovall

Big Whiskey Results Are In

Post by Kirk Stovall »

A bit of a wet weekend , but at least it wasn't hot. I went early on Friday so I could ride in the motorcycle rally around Nye, Roscoe and Columbus. The weather was just good enough to have a decent ride before it rained.

Shooting always starts after a dignified flag raising and National Anthem for both America and Canada. Shooting conditions varied from poor to worse, but the competition is the same as everyone has to shoot in the same weather.

They had a smoke wagon that catered the event and the food was exceptional. The group of shooters won't make the cover of any magazine, but all were quite pleasant and conversation was interesting. Even Jim Kidwell was there and we noticed he was sober for the first 15 minutes.

I can't post my scores because I have been sworn to secrecy, but it wasn't great. I can blame the gun, (a Shiloh model 1877), the sights, (MVA Soule Midrange), the ammunition, (by Mike Venturino), or the spotter, (Del Niemeyer) for my bad scores, but I'm sure they would all blame me, so I am out of excuses.

If you haven't made one of these shoots, you are really missing out. My hat is off to Robert, Phyllis, Lucinda and the other kid for making this a memorable event. I can't say enough of what it takes to put a shoot like this together, but thanks a bunch...
PROUD MEMBER #2 OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB!
John Bly

Re: Big Whiskey Results Are In

Post by John Bly »

I've always thought Big Whiskey is an invitation only shoot. How are we supposed to get there- crash the party? Not a good idea where everyone has guns.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

John Bly wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:10 am I've always thought Big Whiskey is an invitation only shoot. How are we supposed to get there- crash the party? Not a good idea where everyone has guns.

I never knew it was an invitational, maybe that’s why I wasn’t on a squad or able to shoot during the daylight..
bryany

Post by bryany »

Kirk, you weren't too hard on the targets and we swapped your rifle for a nerf gun so you weren't much danger to anyone.

Bryan
“I wonder if God created man because He was disappointed with the monkey.” Mark Twain
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Letting Shrapnel loose around Black Powder is inherently dangerous. Ergo, MLV loads his ammo and everyone else is on guard duty. :P :P ........
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

The two most beautiful sights at Big Whiskey, sunset over the western mountains and Jim Kidwell in your rear view mirror...