Working miracles with tired eyes

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

BFD

Working miracles with tired eyes

Post by BFD »

Well, maybe not miracles, but some of you may benefit from a trick or two that I have been working on this year. I posted it on BPCR.net at http://www.bpcr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8033
1minute

Re: Working miracles with tired eyes

Post by 1minute »

Have to do the cataract deal later this fall. Will keep your post in mind should any issues arise. Thanks,
1Minute
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

Thanks and tip of my hat to Brent for that posted link!
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....
mike herth

Post by mike herth »

Thanks for the tip Brent, I’m going to give that a try!
Mike
George Babits

Post by George Babits »

I fought my failing eyes for about 10 years. I don't know how many times I got new glasses which didn't help a bit. Finally, a year ago an eye doctor told me I had cataracts and need to have them out. I did - - - man ---- what a difference. Solved all the sighting problems too. I can now shoot just about as good with open sights as I do with peep sights at 100 yards. The replacement lenses they put in when removing the "frosted" original ones is pretty much akin to sleeving a worn out barrel. My insurance covered a good part of it, but it was worth every penny I had to kick in. In the long run, getting your eyes fixed is a much better way to go than a lot of gimmick sighting devices (including scopes).

George
BFD

Post by BFD »

George, "fixing" eyes is always better, but sometimes things are not fixable. I do not have cataracts. Just can't focus close.
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

Brent I also do not have cataracts. I am 62. At age 50 I began to have issues adjusting my MVA Soule due to decreased resolution. My distance vision was still 20/15 even tho it had been 20/10 . I started to wear cheaters with 0.5 diopter to see the Soule vernier scale. Eventually my ophthalmologist fashioned me some bifocals with 0.5 diopter up top for distance and a little more in the lower sense segment for up close. My present prescription is for 1.0 diopter up top for distance and 2.5 diopter below for up close. When I shoot, I look thru the upper part of the lens at the distant target. My distance vision is corrected for 20/15. Opening up the rear aperture helps some too! Eventually we all get cataracts and will need the operation. The surgery is not without some risk as one of my friends found out with a very experienced surgeon. So it is definitely not something to have done unless you really need it. - Michael Johnson, MD
Skip

Post by Skip »

Thanks for the tip, Brent
No Guts, No Glory!
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

I just knew you were good for something. Good post.... 8) :wink:
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………