Another great Regional at River Bend Gun club

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Skip

Another great Regional at River Bend Gun club

Post by Skip »

Jim Kidwell and the gang at River Bend hit another one out of the park this past weekend. With four days of shooting crammed into three we were busy to say the least. As always, the range was in tip top shape thanks to Doug Gazaway, Steve Cook and others.
"Snake Hips" Ted Tompkins won the silhouette match in a shoot-off with Gerald Parks. We had a fun .22 mid range match and a 2 x 600 big bore match, to boot. The Saturday barbeque was awesome as usual. Thanks everyone for another awesome Regional match!
No Guts, No Glory!
ian45662

Re: Another great Regional at River Bend Gun club

Post by ian45662 »

Twas a great shoot. I was sad to see it end. I am going to have to get down there for some January or February action next season. It was great to meet some of the people ya see on here and other places like Facebook. Hopefully I will meet some new faces and see some familiar ones in the 2020 season.
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

It was a great weekend, had a lot of fun. Got to see Woody! Glenn, John, and many other friends. Made some new friends, that is always a good thing. Hope everyone had a good time and made it home safely. Thanks to everyone that worked to make it happen.
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Pulled in about an hour ago. Partially unloaded and had supper. Ready for bed. Great match like always. No breakdowns coming or going. Just broke the fridge handle off while there. It had to be something.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

Glenn got me home about 12:30, then he headed for NJ. I got everything unpacked and some cases cleaned. Had a great weekend. The trapdoor still shoot lights out. Thurs was warm and rainy, 74 deg then Friday was 34 deg in the AM warming up to the mid fifties. Three beautiful clear cool shooting days and the competition was tough. Jim brought in a ringer, Ted Tompkins to show us all how to shoot. It's about the friendliest atmosphere of any shoot in the country. All newcomers were made to feel like old friends and a good time was guaranteed.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

After that lesson on Chicken Shooting, I will have to call Ted, Mr. Ted now. I was shooting for score and missing them, he was over there knocking the paint off the swinger and had not even started yet, that was quite distracting for me. I really enjoyed meeting Ted and I'm looking forward to seeing him again, (rematch). In my defense, I would like to say I had one more laydown animal than Mr. Ted over the two day shoot. OH! Oh! I almost forgot, that was a Paper Patch Load. :D Great shooting Mr. Ted.
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
BFD

Post by BFD »

It is scary to think how good Ted could be, if only he used paper patches. And how much better he would look too.

Thankfully. we have all been spared that devastation.

:wink:
Ted Tompkins

Post by Ted Tompkins »

Hey Coltsmoke no need to call me Mr Ted. You are pretty tough competition. Even in spite of the fact you were shooting bullets with diapers on them you shot well. I would never have believed a guy shooting inferior ammo like you were would be able to do as well as you did.

Seriously, I had a great time getting to know you. I can add another great guy to my list of friends. We did have a good time. 👍

Ted
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for. Will Rogers 1879 -1935
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

Don't get so excited about Ted and his shooting. He really isn't all that great...

PROUD MEMBER #2 OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB!
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

You 're right, Shrapnel, but I don't think Snake Hips has blown up any rifles, and also he doesn't shoot tied up heifers for meat. FWIW :wink: ......
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Only thing that could have gone better was to have a dry 1st day (...........maybe having that deer not run into my car would have helped). Was terrific to see/meet everyone again after a bit of an absence on my part. The highlight of the match, other than seeing everyone and the great competition, was Mamie's lemon pound cake. Never tasted a better slice of cake. It was so good we didn't even mind putting up with her husband for the match. :lol: Thanks to Jim & everyone else involved in putting on the match and congrats to Ted, Gerald, John & Ian (and others) for their great shooting (ties at the top for both scope & irons). Looking forward to next match at RBGC.
Glenn
MLV

Post by MLV »

The only thing that could have made the match better would have been if I had been there, of course that's from my personal perspective.
MLV
Beware the man with one rifle. He may not have enough interest in it to be competent!
Woody

Post by Woody »

I can agree with that statement Mike.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

MLV wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:10 pm The only thing that could have made the match better would have been if I had been there, of course that's from my personal perspective.
MLV
We missed you Big Boy. :cry: :cry:
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
Ted Tompkins

Post by Ted Tompkins »

I will have to agree with Woody. As much fun as it was I missed my shooting partner.

Ted
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for. Will Rogers 1879 -1935