deburring trick

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

kenny s

deburring trick

Post by kenny s »

Having bought 100, 40 70 SS cases, and doing all the annealing sizing, etc, I had to debur all 100.
so....here is my trick.
I took my large size neck reamer, heated it and removed the 1/4 inch stem in the center. its soldered in...
I then made a longer steel center pin, epoxied it in place, put it in a drill, and...

case neck deburred 100 cases in 5 minutes....

of course, a thousand guys probably already did this.. I'm just slow on the uptake. Ken
IMG_0058.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Woody

Re: deburring trick

Post by Woody »

Anytime you can motorize one of these chores, they become less of a chore. I mount mine in my lathe. I also made a brass collar for the outside cutters, allowing it to be spun. The brass collar allows you to deburr the outside as quick and easy as the inside.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Anytime you can motorize one of these chores, they become less of a chore. I mount mine in my lathe. I also made a brass collar for the outside cutters, allowing it to be spun. The brass collar allows you to deburr the outside as quick and easy as the inside.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
kenny s

Post by kenny s »

Neat Woody and sure the lathe is the way to go.... I'll check the wallet...wooops....No extra two grand HA
so I'll have to stick with the drill for now...

"Hey Honey, can I buy a ....." NOOOOO!!! ok I have my answer....
Ken
bobw

Post by bobw »

Woody wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:58 pm Anytime you can motorize one of these chores, they become less of a chore. I mount mine in my lathe. I also made a brass collar for the outside cutters, allowing it to be spun. The brass collar allows you to deburr the outside as quick and easy as the inside.

Woody
That's a fact Woody ,I have Forster brand trimmers and chamfering tools. A guy can go to ACE Hdwe and buy connector nut a 3" hex bolt and nut (5/16" x 22?) cut the bolt head off. remove the crank handle off the trimmer and screw on the connector bolt, then screw the bolt and nut in the other end . Tighten it up, chuck it into a 20v Dewalt and power trim them all. Lyman makes a power cutter shaft for their trimmer. Driving the trimmer with a drill beats the hell out of hand cranking. :shock: My uncle Arthur tells me that every time. bobw
bobw