shooting carts

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

kenny s

shooting carts

Post by kenny s »

with nothing to do , and looking for a project....
what shooting carts do you use?

I semi made on with a cart from Lowes,,(they give a military discount) but would like something better.

send some pictures please....Ken
GrumpyBear

Re: shooting carts

Post by GrumpyBear »

I have a Schwinn jogging stroller, with a couple of modifications,for cleaning rods and wiping accessories,and ATV TEK mounts,carried two Shilohs around the Quigley this year,quite successfully. The large tires handled the ruts and swales well. Just bring a couple of cans of fix a flat for the dang cactus thorns. 😁
kenny s

Post by kenny s »

dthanks grumpy. I'll look it up Ken
GrumpyBear

Post by GrumpyBear »

I'll see if I can find a picture.
BFD

Post by BFD »

This is one that I made years ago. It has a large box that fits on it, and serves as a stool as well as storage for everything.

It folds up so it fits into my truck easily

kenny s

Post by kenny s »

really nice bfd, I built one years ago like that. cowboy actions shooting. but now I want to get something that folds up, put in my suv, and carry by heavy sharps and stuff the 200 yards from the parking lot to the shooting bench. I have a folding hand cart that I built up and while it works, I'm wondering what else is out there.
a solution in search of a problem........Ken
stevewhr

Post by stevewhr »

Brian is on the right track I believe. The jogging stroller would do what you want. It folds and carries sufficient weight. ATV gun cradles down each side carry your gun, and your spotting scope/cleaning rods. Plus don't underestimate the value of pneumatic tires. They really help cushion things when cutting a new trail. If you need more room than say a typical stroller, find yourself a model for twins. Brian and I have used these at the Quigley and they did great.
wyomingsightdrifter.com
kenny s

Post by kenny s »

hey grumpy, where did you get the Schwinn jogging stroller , how much and what mod. did you make to it. Picture please Ken
Gussy

Post by Gussy »

Put an extra helping of "tire slime" in those pneumatic tires. Saves many headaches... :wink:
GrumpyBear

Post by GrumpyBear »

Found it on Craig's list and made a lower offer ($40.00)than what they were asking.

Added 2 sets of AvTek rifle holders for ATV's, as they have more adjustment than most,and a PVC tube on the side to hold the wiping rods.

Unfortunately pictures will have to wait till after deer camp.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Carts are OK but should definitely not be allowed anywhere near the line in a BPCR match. Folks with them always block the way for the rest of us and they are a bad trip hazard. Other than that, they are fine.
Glenn
SchuetzenDave

Post by SchuetzenDave »

Where do you attach the umbrella when it rains?