Wolf Publising

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

VectorMan

Re: Wolf Publising

Post by VectorMan »

You got me there.
I’m in the wrong.
Many thanks to the ones who didn’t pile on.
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."
charlie young

Post by charlie young »

VectorMan, will be interesting to see how things play out as I just bit on their new promotion and ordered a subscription.
bucksnort

Post by bucksnort »

Last year I had to make a couple of phone calls until it was squared away. Is the Winter issue out now?
BFD

Post by BFD »

VectorMan wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:53 pm You got me there.
I’m in the wrong.
Many thanks to the ones who didn’t pile on.
It seems you need to ask permission from some people if you want to post things here.
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

From who? I didn't see any deleted posts. It appears to me this is the most free forum on the net. Just as he is free to post whatever he wants, I am free to counter it. Funny how freedom of speech works....
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

I have not renewed and will look at it on the newsstand...if there is an article that's informative. I think I had the same issue delivered three times. I don't care to work at finding out who or what vehicle is at fault..I just won't renew. I LOVE going into book stores anyway.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
VectorMan

Post by VectorMan »

The problem I’ve had with them was I ordered a 2 year subscription online. After 4 months no magazine. I checked my email confirmation and my bank account to see if they took the funds, they did. I then called them and inquired about my subscription, they said it’s on the way and I said thanks. In about 1 week I got 2 of the same magazine and I thought to myself they sent 2 for the delayed mistake on their part and I will give one to a friend of mine. As a few days went by I got to thinking about the two issues and I thought it might be a mistake and don’t want them to waste money on the extra issues and the postage for them so I called again. Their answer was that I have two 1year subscriptions not a 2 year subscription. I told them that I ordered a 2 year subscription, no one would order two 1 year subscriptions sent to the same person at the same address. Makes no sense. So they corrected it, they say. The next issue never came. Had to call again. It was so late they sent that issue and the next one. Now here we are again. I’ll have to call them on Monday and see if I can get something. At this point I’m not too worried about where they go from here. I’ll just start buying them off the rack again. I feel I’ve went out of my way trying to get what I paid for. Seems like several other people have had the same issues. I’m sorry if my criticisms of poor service and my decisions to stop dealing with them gets a few panties in a wad. Like Cody said, it’s free speech and my opinion is Wolf Publishing sucks at getting me what I paid for.
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."
BFD

Post by BFD »

jackrabbit wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:09 am From who? I didn't see any deleted posts. It appears to me this is the most free forum on the net. Just as he is free to post whatever he wants, I am free to counter it. Funny how freedom of speech works....
From you, apparently. Why jump on him like that? Not like folks don't post an occasional general gripe now and then (c.f., NRA/anything).
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

And apparently I have to have permission from you. Once again, I cannot post anything without receiving censure from you.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Kevin
Are you planning on shooting BPCR at the Nationals this summer ?
I think I have Jeanne talked into shooting scope only. She'll be working and shooting at the same time. I think we'll squeeze in 22 lever action, skip 22 bpcr and shoot BPCR silhouette..scope at least. If my eyes are OK I'll try to shoot both again .
VectorMan

Post by VectorMan »

Glen Ring wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:24 am Kevin
Are you planning on shooting BPCR at the Nationals this summer ?
I think I have Jeanne talked into shooting scope only. She'll be working and shooting at the same time. I think we'll squeeze in 22 lever action, skip 22 bpcr and shoot BPCR silhouette..scope at least. If my eyes are OK I'll try to shoot both again .
Yes. Since it’s moved to the end of July it’s my goal to go. I’ll shoot both scope and irons. I’m on the fence with the 22 match. Not that I don’t wanna shoot it, just to many things at home and work to go that many days. I’m also trying to attend a mid range match out in Colorado sometime. We shall see. My life is very fluid and things change daily.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

I thought retirement would bring more shooting opportunities... I think we actually shoot less these days.
It seems like Jeanne can't retire...just as she gets geared up to, someone makes her an offer she can't refuse.
She is busy getting everything in order for the nationals...but she really likes BPCR so much she has ordered a new rifle.
Not shooting the 22 BPCR match will allow her and her team a couple of days off to get last minute problems worked out and to rest...so i won't be shooting that either.

I think I'll only bring my 45-70 and .28 gauge shotgun to Raton this year. The new sporting clay machines and courses look like a hoot. I can have fun shooting BPCR , and then sharpen my shotgun skills up a little for sept. dove season. I look forward to shooting with you this spring.
buffalocannon

Post by buffalocannon »

Not to get into the politics of the thing, but since Wolf took over the local Walmart gets them several days before my magazine used to come by dogsled. I let my subscription lapse. Still a great magazine as long as Garbe is involved, in my opinion.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

The old magazines were plum full of GREAT articles that were well written. Garbe wrote some good editorials and they always seemed objective.
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

We are participants in a small, niche sport and are fortunate enough to also have a magazine (not a social media account, but actual print) dedicated to us the shooters - the fastest way to change that is don't provide the publisher with a predictable and steady revenue source i.e. a subscription. No, I can't predict which day my quarterly publication will arrive; yes, I will call them if I have a problem. And I will continue to support those who support us. I have read many helpful and informative threads on this forum - some of you could write up short articles and turn them in to BPCN - and support their effort to support us.