Bad News

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Jim Kidwell

Bad News

Post by Jim Kidwell »

The higher ups at the NRA has decided the 2020 Silhouette Nationals (all Silhouettes) will be conducted in Ridgeway, PA.
In 2021, they will alternate with the Whittington Center. This has been finalized. :shock: :roll:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is what it is. Sorry folks...............
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

What was their reason for the venue change?
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....
Jeanne Ring

Re: Bad News

Post by Jeanne Ring »

My understanding is ALL silhouette will be in Ridgway for 2020. 2021 BPCR and Lever Acrion will be in Raton, HP and SB in Ridgway, then alternating. BPCR will remain in Raton thereafter. Makes no sense, but that is what I have been told the decision is.
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

I have no earthly idea, Ray. :evil: :evil: ...............
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
BFD

Post by BFD »

This has gotta be some kind of bad joke.
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Thanks Jeanne and Jim,

Makes it easier for me to choose, where my dollars get spent this year.

You are both correct it makes zero sense. I think it is a terrible shame, yet again it just gives the naysayers more leverage, when it comes to not trusting the NRA Competitions Division’s word or schedule. Well it’s been a hell of a run, my first Nationals was in 1996.

Again thanks to you both for your sincere efforts on our behalf in this.

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Jeanne Ring

Post by Jeanne Ring »

BFD wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:09 pm This has gotta be some kind of bad joke.
Only if.

For the record, I was NOT consulted, only informed of the decision, apparently long after it had been made. I have invested many hours and days planning for the 2020 championships, all for naught.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Jeanne and I have no desire to drive back east to shoot BPCR. We will shoot Huey's matches at the Whittington center this summer and a few other places Like Miller Kansas, Benton Arkansas and of course our home Range in Oklahoma City. I hope the Pa guys/gals put on a good match....I'll be in the cool morning air at Raton New Mexico.

On one hand I'm glad Jeanne will be free to travel with me this summer...on the other the news makes me a little disappointed in the NRA staff.

Jeanne, the match director, was the very last to get this news. She had heard rumors but no one officially notified her until Kidwell dropped the news on here and steel chickens.

She has completed many uncompensated hours planning and recruiting personnel for the nationals . Concerning the Cancellation , she was the last to know.

I'm rollin with it...I hope to see some of you at matches this summer.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

DANG, DANG & DOUBLE DANG!!!

That kills my plans for the Nationals. Talk about killing BPCR silhouette attendance. I may not like it but could better understand if the decision was to alternate the two location. But why only going to Ridgeway for 2020? I hope the powers to be catch hell over that decision.

Glenn, when is Huey's matches at the Whittington center? Is there information online?

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com
BFD

Post by BFD »

My 1st, 2nd, and 3rd need jerk reactions are that I suddenly have a lot of time in my summer.

May the East West match rise again from the ashes like a Phoenix!
Aviator

Post by Aviator »

Good grief.
So much for the vacation plans I had made.
Does not inspire confidence in the leadership.
40-65rl

Post by 40-65rl »

Wayne,
I have fired an e mail off to Huey to see if he can schedule a "monthly" match at Raton before or after the .22 nationals.
Not sure what Smithmoor may do because it is a busy farming time for them and Cheyenne Frontier Days is during that last week of July. No motels within 50 miles of Cheyenne for a week before the rodeo and three of four days after.
BFD: I have some extra time now also. Keep your calendar up to date please.
Dick
VectorMan

Post by VectorMan »

I don’t know if this is a stupid question but since the 22 BPCRA is not ran by the NRA is its nationals in PA or Raton?
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

The 22 BPCRA has nothing to with the NRA, we have our own contract with the Whittington Center. We are totally a separate entity, the NRA has nothing to do with our Nationals.

Kenny Wasserburger
22 BPCRA Board of Directors member.
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Woody

Post by Woody »

What the heck? I'm speechless, and incensed.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.