Bad News

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Jeanne Ring

Re: Bad News

Post by Jeanne Ring »

Don't forget the Oklahoma Regional in September. (The Central Nationals?) One day of .22, two days of BPCR. Sept. 18-20.

Match program and entry form will be out soon.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Well if Ken Tebbe is about to announce a BPCR silhouette match with the 22 BPCR match in Raton..I'll think he's a pretty swell guy. We will surely attend.I bet there will be a slew of Texas and Oklahoma shooters attend that one.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
Tebbeman

Post by Tebbeman »

The 22BPCRA is working on some options so don't cancel your Raton plans just yet. Might be pretty interesting to a lot of folks and heck we might even have some camping and lodging available...but the Sporting Clays world is moving in quickly. Stay tuned.

Kenny T.
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you...Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul & the other for your Freedom!
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

Tebbeman wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:37 pm The 22BPCRA is working on some options so don't cancel your Raton plans just yet. Might be pretty interesting to a lot of folks and heck we might even have some camping and lodging available...but the Sporting Clays world is moving in quickly. Stay tuned.
Kenny T.
Kenny,
I can't stand the suspense!!!
Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com
Tebbeman

Post by Tebbeman »

Well then here you go....

The 22BPCRA announces it’s 2020 National Championship match will be moved from its original dates to August 5th, 6th & 7th at the Whittington Center and is a three day, 60 shot daily/180 shot aggregate championship. Additionally there will be a 2 day Big Bore BPCR match (organized and managed by the HOTSA and Smithmoor clubs) held on August 3rd and 4th, with a sight in and practice time on Sunday August 2nd. Entry and registration information will be coming in the next few weeks but mark your calendar and be sure to call the WC in February for housing and RV arrangements.
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you...Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul & the other for your Freedom!
VectorMan

Post by VectorMan »

Are the big bore matches on the 3rd and 4th 40 shot matches?
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."
krgriggs

Post by krgriggs »

They will be 60 target matches
krgriggs

Post by krgriggs »

They will be 60 target matches
BFD

Post by BFD »

What is not to love? It will be the 2020 BPCR Silhouette Festival (to avoid the term Nationals). I'm gonna be there.
krgriggs

Post by krgriggs »

Excellent Brent! Hopefully we can draw more than the nationals did last year
BFD

Post by BFD »

How about the 2020 BPCR Jamboree? I'm including the .22s in the label "BPCR" of course.
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

Tebbeman wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:59 pm Well then here you go....
The 22BPCRA announces it’s 2020 National Championship match will be moved from its original dates to August 5th, 6th & 7th at the Whittington Center and is a three day, 60 shot daily/180 shot aggregate championship. Additionally there will be a 2 day Big Bore BPCR match (organized and managed by the HOTSA and Smithmoor clubs) held on August 3rd and 4th, with a sight in and practice time on Sunday August 2nd. Entry and registration information will be coming in the next few weeks but mark your calendar and be sure to call the WC in February for housing and RV arrangements.
Am I correct in assuming scope and iron sight shooters will shoot side by side in the Big Bore match?

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
Tebbeman

Post by Tebbeman »

Yes, any sight shot side by side....just can't afford a 4 day big bore match. kt
schmidtzen

Post by schmidtzen »

Thanks Kenny! Needs to be a new thread with title Good News
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

Tebbeman wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:40 pm Yes, any sight shot side by side....just can't afford a 4 day big bore match. kt
Thanks Kenny. I prefer it that way regardless of the length of the match. From my point of view the only reason to have 2-days of scope and 2-days of iron sights is if the range cannot handle the number of shooters. BTW, a special thanks to you and the others that will be involved in setting up and running the matches. You guys have saved the day or days so to speak.

Wayne