Thank you

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

VectorMan

Thank you

Post by VectorMan »

I’d like to thank the people that put their minds together and shoulders to the wheel to come up with a viable plan for the 22 nationals at Raton. The folks within the HOTSA, Smithmoor, and 22 BPCRA organizations.

I have only been shooting BPCR silhouette for 5 years and always attempted to shoot the nationals at Raton but scheduling never allowed it. 2020 would be different because in fall of last year the dates slide a little towards the end of July. Great! Plans were made at work and at home for the long trip and multiple days of shooting BPCR. Then I realized the 22 nationals were right before on a weekend so I said what the hell, I got a CPA 22 rifle that will work. I’ve only shot 3 matches with it but it’ll be fun and I’m already there.
Then, in steps the NRA and the move to Ridgeway. At that point, my trip to Raton is out the window. I wouldn’t have drove there just to shoot a 22 match, nationals or not. The 22 shooting, although fun shooting with great people, it’s not what I love. I love big bore. So now the decision was do I try the Ridgeway Nationals? Not only 8 more hours of driving, but 8 more of driving east through more congested areas. And what the NRA done was just plain low handed and inexcusable to the BPCR competitors, the BPCR match directors, the BPCR committee, and the 22 BPCR organization, still waiting for an explanation.
With the latest development now it looks like I will go to Raton and have 2 days of shooting big bore, and 3 days of 22. Hoorah! I don’t carry a grudge or look for revenge, life is too short, but what I do is remember the folks that stepped up. I’ll look closer to attending events at HOTSA and Smithmoor, and less about anything to do with the NRA.

Thanks again.

On a side note, the last few days there has been a lot of discussion about the Nationals venue change online, in e-mails, Facebook post, texts, phone calls, and instant messaging. Some of it got a little tight, which is understandable considering the passion some of us have for the sport. I wish the Nationals at Ridgeway all the best, but for gods sake if the attendance is low don’t blame the folks that didn’t show up or the rescheduling of the 22 nationals for it. The poor attendance will lay solely on the feet of the NRA, those who and why to change the venue and in the manner they chose to do it. I saw a post where someone who had found out the 22 nationals match was trying to reschedule and they had the nerve to suggest that it not interfere with the nationals now at Ridgeway. That person needs to send their complaints and instructions to the NRA instead of the people who are trying to actually save the sport. My 2 cents. See you at Raton.

Did I say thanks?
If not, thanks.

Kevin Alexander
Fillmore, Missouri.
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."
Glen Ring

Re: Thank you

Post by Glen Ring »

What Kevin said.
Jeanne and I are once again excited to go to Raton. It's been a while since we have just went to a match to shoot and have fun. I'll be 64 in a few months...I think it's time to enjoy life.
The moving of the nationals is truly a blessing in disguise from my perspective.

Who knows..the good folks at Ridgeway may get to put on the US nationals of BPCR every year there...and the True home of BPCR and The BPCR Nationals will get to stay home..in Raton .
Thank you to everyone that is having a hand in making this happen in Raton.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Kevin,

Let’s see if we can get you squaded with a real good spotter at Raton.

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
VectorMan

Post by VectorMan »

Kenny Wasserburger wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:29 am Kevin,

Let’s see if we can get you squaded with a real good spotter at Raton.

Kenny Wasserburger
Hopefully I'll be with Rick H, Nick R, Chris G, BFD, Ken S, Barry M, or Kevin G. I've shot with those in 2019 a few times.

I'll shoot with anyone, happy to just be able to go.

Thx KW. enjoying your books also.

KA
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."
Kenny Wasserburger

You are in excellent company with those guys.

I just wanted you to know, I was willing to.

Kenny
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Gamerancher

Post by Gamerancher »

G'day Kenny
I might be in need of a spotter if your "dance" card 'aint full. :lol:
We fly out on Aug 9, so it will be a mad dash back to Texas, clean up, pack up, put all the shootin' gear back into storage and then head to DFW for the flight home.
Dan
Out in western NSW where it don't rain much.
Australia
Kenny Wasserburger

Dan,

For 22 should work, for Big bore it will depend totally on the number of relays.

I have already committed to spot for the current National Champion, and JC. If we have 4 relays then you could pal up with us.

Kenny