Worth the Wait

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

SFogler

Worth the Wait

Post by SFogler »

I believe this Shiloh was worth the wait. It was a year from the time they said my rifle was going into production until today when I went to pick it up at the FFL. I know there were problems for Shiloh along the way with case hardening etc but this was a custom rifle and you can't expect to get it handed to you over the counter at the sporting goods store. I ordered this rifle for my long range rifle and to resemble a small slice in Sharps' history when the made a few long range target rifles:
Long Range Rifle #1 and #2:
45-100 2.6 used from Dec 76 – Aug 77
32” ½ Oct barrel Dec 76 – Jun 78
Forearm tip - none: Pistol Grip, checkered
Shotgun butt: windage spirit level front sight
The first picture is what Shiloh did; the second is the original Sharps as featured on an auction. I think it is amazing how Shiloh can make something so close to an original and also have it function superbly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SFogler

Re: Worth the Wait

Post by SFogler »

Trying to get the pictures to post right side up. Notice the wood Shiloh used and the outstanding case hardening! That's not even pack hardened... just the standard case hardening.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Gorgeous!
Now the big question, how does it shoot?
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
GrumpyBear

Post by GrumpyBear »

Beautiful wood on that, and great case color,congratulations.
Coltwcf44

Post by Coltwcf44 »

Good lookin' rifle. Worth the wait. Let us know how she shoots. Enjoy.
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

Thanks to MVA for the #112 front sight. They supplied it as a prize and I won it at the Byers BPTRA Creedmoor National Match in September. I'll work up some loads to try and get out to the range first thing next week.
rebsr52339

Post by rebsr52339 »

Very beautiful looking rifle. If you EVER have to ship this gun or an gun like ours, take the stock off. My one bad experience is going to be enough. Now I may have to wait a year for repairs with claim settlement etc.
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

If you EVER have to ship this gun or an gun like ours, take the stock off.
I hear you! I have had two problems like that - one a rifle coming to me through USPS and another with a rifle going out UPS. I will never ship a whole rifle again either. OBTW mine went to the Stock Doctor in Oregon - that man is a master at restoring broken wood! Shiloh wisely did not ship during the Christmas rush nor do they ship when the rifle will get caught somewhere over a weekend. This one came through fine. Thank God! Whew! Spent the day getting the OACL right, the dies adjusted, and loading for chrony and ladder loads.