Movie Gun, no not that one.

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Steve Holt

Movie Gun, no not that one.

Post by Steve Holt »

Watching Outlaw Josey Wales for the...., who really knows how many times they’ve seen it.
Anyway, anybody got info on the movie gun he used to send Fletcher and Capt. Red Legs on the boat ride.

Whupped em again Josey;
Whupped em again boy.

Not hard to track;
Leaves dead men everywhere he goes.
Griff

Re: Movie Gun, no not that one.

Post by Griff »

It has been a very long time since I've seen that one. I checked IMFDB, which isn't always perfectly accurate, but here's what I found. There's nothing real specific, but it does have some still images.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Outlaw_Josey_ ... iper_Rifle

Griff
Dangerous Freedom
beltfed

Post by beltfed »

DO NOT TO TO THE REF THAT "GRIF" PUBLISHED ABOUT OUTLAW JOSIE WALES' GUN.
iT WILL WANT TO LOCK UP YOUR COMPUTER AND RANSOM IT
BELTFED/ARNIE
Steve Holt

Post by Steve Holt »

👍
Steve Holt

Post by Steve Holt »

👍
I won’t
Griff

Post by Griff »

beltfed wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:37 pm DO NOT TO TO THE REF THAT "GRIF" PUBLISHED ABOUT OUTLAW JOSIE WALES' GUN.
iT WILL WANT TO LOCK UP YOUR COMPUTER AND RANSOM IT
BELTFED/ARNIE
I can't imagine what caused you to have any issues with that link--maybe my computer is blocking any of the malware that you ran into. If I could find a way to remove the link from my post above, I would by all means. I certainly am not out to cause problems.

The Internet Movie Firearms Database is a fairly well-known site that talks about firearms in movies. That is what I was trying to link to. No harm was intended. So that you don't have to click on the link, the site includes some stills from the movie and the following text:

"Sharps 1865 Sniper Rifle

Josey Wales (Clint Eastwood) carries a Sharps 1865 rifle fitted with a full length J. Stevens brass tube target scope, which he uses to shoot the ferry rope in two, leaving the pursuing Redlegs stranded in the water. He later uses it to tie a white flag to when approaching the Commancheros before using it to shoot one of them off their horse."

Sorry for any trouble, gents.

Griff
Dangerous Freedom
Aviator

Post by Aviator »

My phone got routed to an unwanted site also.
But I got it closed out and back to the desired site.
Don't know why....
Griff

Post by Griff »

Again, folks, I am very sorry for any problems that I caused. If a moderator wants to simply delete the link that I posted, please do so. The last thing that I want to do is to create any issues for the good folks on this forum.

Griff
Dangerous Freedom
ScrapMetal

Post by ScrapMetal »

Griff,

That was not your fault. Something got hijacked on the server level on imfdb.org's site. Looks like it is fixed now as I had no trouble with it.

-Ron
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

That's a good Hollywood scene. It would never happen in real life. We used to shoot a ham on a string in a muzzle loading match. Break the string and the ham is yours. It is tough to do even at 15 yards. It took a dead on hit to break the string in one shot. Many hits just deflected it and did not break it. This was a string, not a rope.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
Griff

Post by Griff »

ScrapMetal wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:13 am Griff,

That was not your fault. Something got hijacked on the server level on imfdb.org's site. Looks like it is fixed now as I had no trouble with it.

-Ron
Thanks. I just didn't want to get a reputation as that guy that infected everybody's computers. People might think that I'm a Russian hacker attempting to take over the free world, starting with Shiloh owners. :shock:

Griff
Dangerous Freedom
gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

There is also a youtube video of Jerry Miculek testing the myth of shooting a hangman's noose like Clint Eastwood did with a Sharps in the Good, Bad, and the Ugly. Various firearms didn't do it, but he cut the rope in half with a round shot from a Shiloh Sharps :-)

Chris.
Griff

Post by Griff »

I had to think hard about posting another link, but this one is to the YouTube video mentioned above. Hopefully this one is safe...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5_f5NGpMq4

Just trying to make it easier for people to find.

Griff
Dangerous Freedom
Perentie

Post by Perentie »

Griff wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:44 pm Again, folks, I am very sorry for any problems that I caused. If a moderator wants to simply delete the link that I posted, please do so. The last thing that I want to do is to create any issues for the good folks on this forum.

Griff
It was OK for me. Enjoyed looking at the guns.
The first time I clicked it wandered off on to something else but I hit the back button and tried again and all was good.
Thanks for that.
Keith
ScrapMetal

Post by ScrapMetal »

Griff wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:51 am Thanks. I just didn't want to get a reputation as that guy that infected everybody's computers. People might think that I'm a Russian hacker attempting to take over the free world, starting with Shiloh owners. :shock:

Griff
Plausible I suppose. If you started with the Shiloh owners the rest would be "cake". Those Shiloh owners are an ornery lot. :)

-Ron