Buffalo Arms - talkin' to The Man

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Trigger1212

Buffalo Arms - talkin' to The Man

Post by Trigger1212 »

Been needing to place an order with Buffalo Arms for some time to get stocked up for the never reloaded for/soon to arrive 40-65. Been putting it off as their website has soooooooo many options if you don't know EXACTLY what your looking for it can get a mite confusing! I'm an experienced CF reloader and currently feeling my way along on my BP journey. So anyway, today finally had all my questions lined up and written down and called in and started chatting with the salesman asking him questions on expander die plug diameters, die bodies, taper die options, blah blah blah. Man this guy and an answer for everything, didn't have to think about it, firm in his answers, just what you want to hear when you looking for advice, suuuuper helpful, good stuff!

Finally got the order all sorted out and placed and before I hung up I got to thinking I should ask this feller his name so if I have questions I could ask for him in the future. So I asked him for his name and if I could call back if I had questions about BP loading. Answer; sure, no problem, name is Dave. Now I am a bit of newbie on the BP scene but not THAT new! Dave as in Dave G., I asked. Answer; Yup. Made my day! Here I thought he had some OMG knowldegable people working for him that were just BP loonies, and here it was The Man himself.

Thoroughly enjoyed the conversation. I'm not one to get too excited about anyone as everyone puts their pants on one leg at a time the last time I looked. But I will admit I enjoyed that conversation. That Boy knows his chit, and has proved it!

I'm betting I will find a lot of "Dave Gs" when I get to meet more of you at the matches, hope so anyway!

Cheers!

Wade
gunlaker

Re: Buffalo Arms - talkin' to The Man

Post by gunlaker »

Dave is a really great guy. Very interesting to talk with that's for sure.

Chris.
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Come to some matches and you will get to talk to him in person. He is a pretty fun guy, for sure, and one hell of a stiff competitor.
take care, Cody
charlie young

Post by charlie young »

First time I talked to him was at the Quigley, which he regularly attends. Just a down to earth guy that can shoot all disciplines. Have also visited with him on the phone, Chris is another great salesman there, as they all are.
GrumpyBear

Post by GrumpyBear »

First time I talked to him was at the Quigley two years ago, real down to earth friendly guy.

My last call to place an order last fall, it was him on the phone, very enjoyable conversation, love their site.
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

First of all, thanks for the post Wade. I have been doing business with BACO for twenty years. They are the one stop shop for BPCR and the reloading brass and dies for "obsolete" (historic firearms). I called them today to order a case of Swiss powder. I had a few questions about old Swiss vs the newer spherical formulation. Because of your email I asked who I was talking to. It was Dave Gullo. I had an interesting and informative discussion about Swiss blackpowder and experiences using BPCR's for hunting. He spent about fifteen minutes talking with me (an average guy with twenty years of experience who doesn't get enough time to shoot as much as he would like). I really appreciated that and thought that I would share my experience. I am sure that others feel the same. - Mike
MSalyards

Post by MSalyards »

What was his reply on the Swiss?
Michael Johnson

I asked about old Swiss vs Caviar. He thinks the old Swiss is pretty much the same with minor lot to lot variations. The new Swiss may be cleaner but he intends to test it more. He says it meters extremely well. Give Dave Gullo a call. I ordered a case of the old Swiss. I am staying with what has worked well for me in the past. Your mileage may vary!
buffalocannon

Post by buffalocannon »

Buffalo Arms has always been a class act. If anyone has any off their old .348 WIN brass stretched into .45-100 they want to get rid of, please PM me. I prefer it to the other stuff. Been using what I have left since 1999.
Michael Johnson

Seems like you could anneal Starline 348 brass and run it thru a full length sizing die or talk with Dave about BACO doing that for you.
kenny sd

Post by kenny sd »

Dave does what he says, when he says...and it comes out right.

DUH....no secret to good business......Ken
gus65

Post by gus65 »

Dave was most helpful when I needed a mould for my 40-65. He had what I needed and it was available off the shelf. It drops a very nice bullet.