Current NRA Board of Directors Election

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

desert deuce

Current NRA Board of Directors Election

Post by desert deuce »

You can do whatever you want with this information. Remember though, you get what you vote for and that is exactly what the problem is.

As I was warned several years ago by NRA Board Members we as members need to focus on electing competitive shooters and people that we know to the Board of Directors AND since the Nominating Committee is an appointed group they may be
inclined to put forward ELITISTS for nomination that support the status quo
and will not listen to the membership rather they will follow the lead of staff. (La Pierre serves at the pleasure of the Board of Directors). I have been told that process is how the NRA has arrived at the crossroads where they are today. If you don't already know the details of that situation you are a disinterested member anyway.

I have also been counseled that if there are only five candidates qualified by experience or personal knowledge on the ballot then only vote for those five, in this case leave the other 26 blank. I either know or know of many of the names on the nominating committee list, same for the ballot.

Of particular note John L. Cushman former Board Member that is not on the nominating committee list. That and information from other NRA Members that have had personal contact with Mr. Cushman indicate he deserves your positive consideration as does Jay Printz and Dave Butz who are both on the nominating committee list.

Unfortunately, there are several on the nominating list that have claimed to be our friends in the past while their subsequent conduct should not encourage our further support. Sadly, I am compelled to report this even though some were considered to be and claimed to be friends.

We need to learn to vote in our interest, not theirs.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
SSShooter

Re: Current NRA Board of Directors Election

Post by SSShooter »

You state five (5) that deserve our consideration (and vote) but only name three (3). Who are the other two (2)?
Glenn
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Read that sentence again. He did not recommend five, the counsel is if there are only 5 on the ballot you want to vote for, vote for those 5 and no more.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Trigger1212

Post by Trigger1212 »

DD,

Thanks for starting this thread. The problem I have is that I do not know the good from the not so good. You have named a couple that you would consider supporting. One of them you said was not on the list, are you suggesting we support them as a "write in" candidate?

Is anyone aware of a source that may list the best candidates from our perspective? For me personally THE issue is 2A rights, competition issues come in a distant second. From my point of view we actually don't need the NRA to keep the matches going. I would PREFER to have their support and sanction for National title and record keeping on card levels (master etc.), but again that would be nice, not necessary. 2A rights are necessary...
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

John Cushman is on the ballot because he earned enough signatures by petition to be placed on the ballot. He was not placed there by the nominating committee. Hence no write in necessary.
If you're a voting member of the NRA the full list and ballot is in this issue of the American Rifleman.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Let's not forget Patricia Clark. She is on the Silhouette Committee and is very pro competitions. Still an active shooter........ 8)
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Walt Walters is another.

KW
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Kenny Wasserburger wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:19 pm Walt Walters is another.
KW
Kenny is right. Howard J. (Walt) Walters Is a big supporter of the Black Powder sports. He served on the BP Committee and fought to keep BPTR alive. Vote for him............
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Hmmm...……..so what is next?

Kidwell campaigning for Mayor Pete or Kenny wearing Michael Bloomberg buttons? Or both :shock:
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

DD, get a life. We are asking for votes to elect Directors. I had to do my homework and found two, I and you should have mentioned. No big deal. Nobody is perfect. Support the sport, rather than trying to be a demigod. Geez..............
BFD

Post by BFD »

Thanks Jim. I'm collecting names. This helps.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Sensitive are we? Sounding more like a Bernie supporter now. Could be either though.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Mark Vaughn is our guy from Oklahoma City. A very good man who donates much time and money to our range and to our community here in Oklahoma.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.