SPRING SCORECARD MATCH

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

J.B.

Re: SPRING SCORECARD MATCH

Post by J.B. »

[quote=DeadEye post_id=314328 time=1585700678 user_id=4171]
Brian, As you know we are very familiar with the Walmart in MC. We had to do some shopping at our Coop the other day, It is a new store and about one third the size of the grocery section in that Walmart. There were a few cars in the lot, Spot and I got out to go in the store. We got about 20' from the door when we were stopped. Only one family member allowed, only 10 customers in the store at a time, line up in the parking lot where the cones are set at the correct distance apart and wait. Upon entry there was a table with hand sanitizer (mandatory) and while you were doing that they asked about four questions. There was a waiting shopping cart that they had sanitized. When you are done and arrive at the checkout you wait until the person ahead of you leaves then a worker sanitizes the conveyor belt all the way around. You load you groceries and there is a 4' X 8' sheet of plexi mounted between you and the cashier who has cleaned her hands before she touched your groceries. She bags them and you pay with credit or debit, no cash accepted. The Credit machine is mounted to the plexi. You sanitize your hands again and leave the store. It's been five days now and no symptoms so I might be OK. Everybody please take care.

Paul
[/quote]

.. Well just be thankful you didn't have to deal with one of those 'convict' tourists in a rented people mover trying to sneak in behind you :!: :lol: :wink: As for the M.C. Walmart... I've usually purchased a gps before checkout so I can find my way back to the car park :roll:
"an experimental weapon..with experimental ammunition ? ...Lets experiment "
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

:lol: Oh ,your shooting the babies!
Woody

Post by Woody »

Here is what they look like. Just came in from today's shootout. 7 of 20. Looked good with 6 of 10 for the first 10, but couldn't find the edges for the second 10. Oh well we'll see what the morrow brings.
50 yard chickens.JPG
closeup of chickens.JPG
Rifle.JPG
I've had this chicken set-up for about 15ish years. At least I don't have to go chase the few that I'm lucky enough to hit. I won it as a prize at one of the winter AZ matches. The chickens are sized for NRA 40 yard silhouette. So they are even smaller at 50 yards.

Woody
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

J.B., that can't happen I carry my Aussie detector every where I go in Montana. You're not sneaking in behind me. I just use Google Maps to get me back to the door and parking lot.

One of my favorite memories of that store happened years ago. We've been cutting our own patches for a long time and while we were picking up groceries Spot went to look for flannel. When she couldn't find it she asked the clerk if they had white flannel. The woman immediately said, "oh, your husband is a shooter." Kind of gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling, don't it?

You be well, Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
CaptnJack

Post by CaptnJack »

semtav wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:39 pm Way too windy to shoot yesterday, (40-60 mph winds) so I spent the day sorting hulls and reloading for the next Long Range Match.
Now to figure out what to load for this match if the wind ever goes down again.

hulls.jpg45-110 loads.jpg
Can I ask what your load consists of with bullet type for the 45-110? I am looking at doing some 45-110 for my other Sharps. Thanks.
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Oh look, Green grass,almost forgot what it looks like! :lol: And I really like your range buggy ! Practical man for sure!
We had the biggest snow dump this year in a decade and it was below 20F for at least 6 weeks.
Boy, I'm about ready to break out the pellet gun and shoot across the shop it's been so long since I pulled a trigger and actually launched a projectile. One month ago tomorrow since our last match. Talk about depressing! :lol:
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Woody, whats the spacing on your .22 scope mts in the picture ? MVA's ?
Woody

Post by Woody »

17 inch spacing, with MVA Schuetzen Mounts, and reversed screw pitch for windage. Being left-handed the Schuetzen mounts are more suited to me. MVA makes the Schuetzen mount with a thread pitch that matches the more common scopes and sights, which means they are the opposite of their Soule sites and other Malcolm scope mounts. They altered the mount at no charge. Great people.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
Woody

Post by Woody »

17 inch spacing, with MVA Schuetzen Mounts, and reversed screw pitch for windage. Being left-handed the Schuetzen mounts are more suited to me. MVA makes the Schuetzen mount with a thread pitch that matches the more common scopes and sights, which means they are the opposite of their Soule sites and other Malcolm scope mounts. They altered the mount at no charge. Great people.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
Woody

Post by Woody »

The dandelions are popping up. When Lois and I checked the mail this afternoon, I noticed the honey bees are active again. Almost every flower had one in attendance.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
Woody

Post by Woody »

The dandelions are popping up. When Lois and I checked the mail this afternoon, I noticed the honey bees are active again. Almost every flower had one in attendance.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
semtav

Post by semtav »

CaptnJack wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:51 pm
Can I ask what your load consists of with bullet type for the 45-110? I am looking at doing some 45-110 for my other Sharps. Thanks.
Norma Brass
GM210M primers
Neck expanded to .461
105 gr Swiss 1F
PJ .454 PP Money Bullet
.030 veg wad under a .030 LDPE wad
compressed to 3.70 OAL

BUT
I have not shot it at distant yet , and it is a Patched to Groove Load
CaptnJack

Post by CaptnJack »

semtav wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:41 pm
CaptnJack wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:51 pm
Norma Brass
GM210M primers
Neck expanded to .461
105 gr Swiss 1F
PJ .454 PP Money Bullet
.030 veg wad under a .030 LDPE wad
compressed to 3.70 OAL

BUT
I have not shot it at distant yet , and it is a Patched to Groove Load
Thanks
semtav

Post by semtav »

I gotta admit I'm totally baffled.
I can't either of my 40-65's to hold vertical.

some loads are just worse than others.

even tried my daughters smokeless GG loads in it and get the same results.
when I first tried it, I mounted a scope on it and got this same pattern.
thought it was a bad scope mount. but now I think otherwise.

baffled target.jpg
baffled.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BFD

Post by BFD »

Is there any pattern to the up and down? Climbing or sinking as you go?

How do the .40s fit relative to the .45s? It's hard to get that much vertical just by variance in how you hold it but we are grasping at straws here.

I know where you are at and I've had a bear to a time getting out of it. MORE COMPRESSION has been a solution once or thrice.

Changing the amount (and thus compression) and/or batch of powder, or granulation. Those would be what I would try next. I would be looking for more velocity.