Montana Vintage Arms

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

DeadEye

Re: Montana Vintage Arms

Post by DeadEye »

The minute you bought that Shiloh we became friends Jim. That's how it works here.

You stay well now,

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Monte resembles very much our Cockapooh Bella, who, by the way we got at 7 weeks and still does not shed a hair. When we were in Australia last year we saw several Cockpoohs being walked by locals who advised the cross is very popular there. Frequently such family members transcend the term dog and ascend to their given name. Bet Monte is one as is Bella.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

Monte came to us at 16 weeks. He had been purchased before weening and then the buyer flew to India where they became sick and could not complete the deal. We were very lucky I just happened to browse KiJiJi that morning. We made the deal over the phone and went to pick him up. He is the most affectionate companion we have had. He is eight months old now and on Thursday we go to the Vet for the Big Snip and Chipping. It is quite amazing how much the two variations resemble one another although there is a significant difference in size. He has not been to the groomer's yet but that is coming before summer. After having the three Goldens it is interesting to experience the addition of the Poodle in his personality. When it is time for a walk in his excitement he can launch himself vertically to where we are nose to nose. The name came from our son's family who suggested that since we spend so much time in Montana that Monty would be a good name. Our friends Dick and Judy from California have a beautiful Springer named Montana so we couldn't do that BUT one of my favourite Tom Selleck movies is Monte Walsh. I love the scene in the bunkhouse where someone asks him his real name and when he answers 'Montelius' somebody snickers and all hell breaks loose. So that is it, Montelius, Monte for short. Here is a more recent photo. Enjoy your Bella.
IMG_20200210_145618826b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

In less than a year Bella put the resident cats out of business. 19 confirmed mouse depredators eliminated in less than a year. Have not seen a rattlesnake in the yard since either. (Knock on wood.) Bella could be Monte's little twin sister, right down to the Apricot tinge on ears. She is well nourished but just a slip of a pup compared to Monte. And happily Bella is not particular what treat you may offer and is fully appreciative of all offerings and loves her squeaker toys to pieces, literally.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
Woody

Post by Woody »

Had to put Muffin down 1.5 years ago. Not ready yet for the next one.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Had to put Muffin down 1.5 years ago. Not ready yet for the next one.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

I hear you Woody. We were so attached to Kodi that I'm not sure we could have pulled out of the dive without Monte keeping us moving forward. For those who don't know Kodi rescued us when he was six years old after we had to say goodbye to Quigley. His owner had passed away and a friend turned him in to the Humane Society. Will Rogers got it right, "if there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
Kodi.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Muffin and prior to her, Tipper were both rescues. Still have two cats, and of course Lois to keep me straight.

Woody
Richard A. Wood