Range box options?

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

BFD

Re: Range box options?

Post by BFD »

Daniel, you do know, I'm sure, that accumulated junk expands to fit whatever space is available. Big or small, the shooting box is always full.
Woody

Post by Woody »

accumulated junk expands to fit whatever space is available.
Isn't that Newton's fifth law?

This is one I made last month for one of our shooters.
Rifle tote.JPG
I also delivered several during my quick trip to Colorado last month. Hopefully the matches will be held but if not they will be available for when this crisis of over.

Woody
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
BFD

Post by BFD »

Woody, how did you fit the sides for that box? Not your usual box joints.
Woody

Post by Woody »

The ends are 3/4 inch, the sides and bottom 1/2 inch. Counter sunk deck screws and then concealed with wood plugs. The ones I donated to the Western shoots had center hung handles instead of the swing out handle as in the picture.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
Woody

Post by Woody »

Just a note. I don't sell these type of boxes. I make a few each year as match prizes only. They are not cost effective to make to sell. I would be embarrassed to charge the time and material it takes to make these. Please don't ask.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

I think that;s the box that Woody made for Jeanne. She is darn proud of it. It's very pretty.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
Woody

Post by Woody »

It is.

Woosy
Richard A. Wood
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Nice work Woody and thanks for the pictures. I always enjoy them. Makes me think you could be, if not already, one fine stock maker !
Woody

Post by Woody »

This is today's project. Actually I've been working on it off and on between other projects.
roller.JPG
Put a first coat of finish to bring out any flaws so I can see them prior to final sanding and filling.

Woody
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
GrumpyBear

Post by GrumpyBear »

Looking good Woody !

Nice wood on that one.
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

I'll say, is that yours or a customers? What's the caliber? Gonna checker it? Nice Schnabel!
Woody

Post by Woody »

Not mine. I'm just doing the stock work. Don't know the caliber. It's a .45 of some length. I don't checker anymore. I never was totally satisfied with my work. I'ts been many years since I last did any. I have cleaned and chased some recently, but nothing from scratch and don't think I want to get back to it. It came to me as a barreled receiver with a pistol grip pre-carve butt and no forearm. I cut the pistol grip off and grabbed a chunk of my walnut to whittle the forearm. Not sure what European model it is. It has a crown over a "C" and the date 1875 under that.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

NIce job Woody! Looks like you got a good color match on the forearm wood.
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

One has to be real careful in how they profile a Schnabel or it comes out looking like a Donkey Wanger ! :lol: Your forearm looks like a correct Schnabel forearm!
Perentie

Post by Perentie »

Woody wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:07 pm Not mine. I'm just doing the stock work. Don't know the caliber. It's a .45 of some length. I don't checker anymore. I never was totally satisfied with my work. I'ts been many years since I last did any. I have cleaned and chased some recently, but nothing from scratch and don't think I want to get back to it. It came to me as a barreled receiver with a pistol grip pre-carve butt and no forearm. I cut the pistol grip off and grabbed a chunk of my walnut to whittle the forearm. Not sure what European model it is. It has a crown over a "C" and the date 1875 under that.

Woody
The Crown over a C is a Swedish Roller by Carl Gustaf