Only shooting I'm doing these days!

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

mdeland

Only shooting I'm doing these days!

Post by mdeland »

Only shooting I'm doing these days is prayers toward Heaven for all of us. Join me if so inclined, it does make a difference. Keep Mike Johnson and all the other front line troops lifted up, they need it!
And all of you on here, my brothers and sisters, may you and your families stay well! Turn fear into faith, resolve and action, physically emotionally and most important Spiritually! He loves and listens to all of us who cry out to him.
I'm glad and proud to be part of this bunch of fine Americans! Yeah, we argue and call each other names, just like all families do but there isn't one of you I would want to be without! :D
PEteacher

Re: Only shooting I'm doing these days!

Post by PEteacher »

AMEN!
beltfed

Post by beltfed »

Dr Martin Luther,
Re. He knew of the first "Black Plague" which killed Sixty Percent( 60%) of the population of Europe between 1346 and 1353.
He lived during the second outbreak of 1531 to 1548 "Black Death" Plague in Europe.
Here is his response to the times and situation which fits us well, today, NOW:

" I shall as God mercifully to protect us. Then I shall fumigate, help purify the air, administer medicine and take it.
I shall avoid place3s and persons where my presence is not needed in order not to become contaminated and thus
perchance inflict and pollute others and so cause their death as a result of my negligence. If God should wish to
take me, he will surely find me, and I have done what he has expected of meand so I am not responsible for either
my own death or the death of others. If my neighbor needs me, however, I shall not avoid place or person but will go
freely as stated above. See this is such a God-fearhing faith because it is neither brash nor foolhardy and does not
Tempt God." ( Martin Luther, from an open letter to the people written in November 1527)

WE ARE IN GOD'S HANDS AGAIN. /God has a purpose for all things, whether we see them as "good" or "bad". We have to be
Good Stewards of our life and those of around us, and at the same time put our Trust in God.

beltfed/arnie
Jimhp02

Post by Jimhp02 »

As a recovering alcoholic I only God and AA to thank for the fact that I am a miracle. If I last I will have gone 13 years without a drop of alcohol by the grace of God and the principles of AS in May.
I have learned the difference between my old foxhole prayers where I promised never to misbehave again if God would just get me out of this one more time and the way I pray now. Now I ask God to give me the strength I need to make it through a tough situation.
I pray every day now. I believe things will work out just fine.

Jim
Jimhp02

Post by Jimhp02 »

I have only God and AA...
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Good for You Jim and I believe we will prevail as well! Trials like this sort out the Bull shit from the real issues! Thank You Lord Yeshua (Jesus)! America is pulling together in spite of the media attempts to divide us.
Talked with my older sister in Michigan today and she is making face masks at home and giving them out at about 20 per day!
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

Thanks for the concern Mike. I am doing fine. The east coast is really suffering though. I realize a lot of folks felt I was over the top warning about this, but unfortunately that is not the case. I am adequately protected but I feel that the general public is not. There is some pretty compelling evidence to recommend that everyone should be using a mask when out in public. This stands out as the No. 1 reason that S. Korea and Japan were able to get control of this. Also S.Korea had their first cases at the same time as the US. They are already way ahead of this. Most of the epidemiologists figure this had more with their societies willing to don face masks. So something very simple might prove to be of big help in curtailing spread. Anyways stay isolated and protect yourself when you are not. - Mike
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Just the same I'm going to keep you first responder's (spell check say's isn't a word) who risk themselves and their families each day to save lives, in prayer. The blessing of God is without price any time and especially now. I'm grateful for and proud of you Lad!
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

As I prepare for my surgery, I have been to the doctor's office and the hospital several times for blood tests and bone scans etc. Each time the health personnel - doctors and nurses and admin people - are responding superbly and heroically. With no anti-viral prophylaxis to protect them, they are at the most likely place to meet people sick with this virus - they do it anyway... all day... every day... every one of them. They see my military ID or F-4 belt buckle and say "thanks for your service" and I say "That was then this is now. Thanks for YOUR service. You-all are the heroes of this war against our way of life." At least I had a parachute - they have nothing but their faith and dedication. I am humbled by the nurse who said "Hey that's what I signed up for." Or the admin person who said "I never thought I'd wait to see the end of the world - I always wanted to be among the first who were fighting to save it." These were also all people who pray and mean it. This is America and this is why we'll pull through it. Remember them as we "shoot" our prayers to heaven.
Michael Johnson

Best wishes for a speedy, uneventful recovery Steve!
Jimhp02

Post by Jimhp02 »

Hope you have an uneventful surgery and recovery. Keep us posted. Will send a prayer to the Man to look over you and comfort you and give you the strength you need.

All the Best,

Jim
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

Just got back home. Doc said everything went fine - got it all. Thank God!
What I said earlier about the health care providers goes triple for the doc, nurses, and staff (including admin and food prep) at Penrose, a faith based hospital, in Colorado Springs. They did my surgery and got me through it and home. Every one of them, no matter their position, said helping people was their calling and why wouldn't they be doing their jobs especially now when we need them? Amazing people we have out there working to get us through this. They have no defense against this virus but there they are. Watered my eyes.
Michael Johnson

I am sincerely glad that things went well Steve! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
GrumpyBear

Post by GrumpyBear »

Also glad to hear that your surgery went well, prayers for a speedy recovery. And God Bless our medical staff's all over the country, a whole different kind of front line that they are on.
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Good news is a tonic we all need some mega doses of these day! Thank you Lord and way to go Steve! :lol: