Track Coronavirus by Zip Code

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

desert deuce

Track Coronavirus by Zip Code

Post by desert deuce »

Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
Michael Johnson

Re: Track Coronavirus by Zip Code

Post by Michael Johnson »

Thanks for the link, it does help people to look at what is going on around them. Here in WA state we estimate that close to 25% of the population has been exposed. As an Anesthesiologist I am told to approach all of my patients as if they are indeed Covid19 positive. I am caring for twenty patients on Monday. Most all of them are for cancer biopsies and diagnostic procedures. For all of you none medical types, help us out and stay the f**k home! Socially isolate, wash your hands, wear a mask if you need to go out! We need to survive this so we can go on, enjoy our retirements, shoot, and compete.
Randy Bohannon

Post by Randy Bohannon »

More fun facts from our lousy letter agencies
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... -required/
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

Here's an interesting set of data. It will be updated regularly. Pull down the states to check how your state is expected to flatten the curve.
http://covid19.healthdata.org/
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

I have a really hard time buying all this BS about the virus, and how it is worth sacrificing our economy, giving the government so much power over us, and severely altering almost everyone's life, but one clear and absolute fact remains. That fact is that every health care professional you talk to is deeply concerned about the virus and will tell you to take every precaution. I trust the one's I talk to and will trust them again. One put it this way, even if you don't care about dying or giving it to somebody else (which of course makes you a complete jerk), suffering with the full effects of covid19 is pretty much like burning to death and drowning at the same time. Doesn't sound like fun for sure, I try really hard to avoid catching on fire or drowning, let alone having both happen at the same time.

Stay safe everyone, this too will pass.
Cody
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Anybody notice how many cases were reported in Shanghai and Beijing? Or China's next door neighbor Russia for that matter?
Is it true Chairman Xi visited Wuhan and wore no personal protective equipment?
Could, just maybe, start Americans thinking.
Oh, a record 2.5 million firearms sold in America March 2020. Guess some Americans are thinking outside the box.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

It sounds like if you catch this thing and it affects you it's not a very good experience. It appears to be extremely contagious, but the numbers are starting to not add up particularly well. One of the things they told us early on was it's major age groups were people over 60, but yet if the reported numbers are to be believed, the over 60 age group only represent about 30 %, and under 60 the remaining 70% of confirmed cases.
Odd that the first place hit hard here in Wy was a senior home, but yet we have zero deaths, and the reporting format of the recovered cases has subtle changes over the past 10 days or so..
What is extremely hard to find is the number of deaths from the virus with underlying disease such as diabetes, hypertension, asthma, etc.
I'm of the mind that now with what seems to be a very affective treatment for positive tests available from ages old readily available meds, it's time for things to return to normal, wear a mask if you want, don't if you choose.
But whether that will pass muster with the bureaucrats or not is another question.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

It must be wonderful to be living in Wyoming so very far removed from this Covid19 pandemic. For those of you who think this is BS I assure you it is not.If this gets to Wyoming big time your small town hospital facilities will be overwhelmed as is happening in the Northeast as well as in Florida and Louisiana.Drug tests with Hydroxyquinine are in their infancy and may not pan out. A good friend of mine who is an Infectious Disease doc (retired from Harvard) has volunteered to go to work in NYC to help.This does not just kill old folks in nursing homes, it also kills people in the 30-50 year old age range.A nurse anesthetist that I used to employ now works in Boston, MA. She works on a code team that intubates Covid19 patients. She puts breathing tubes in 10-12 patients per night and now runs a mini impromptu ICU at Beth Israel hospital with a second year Anesthesia resident. This ICU has ten patients between the ages of 30-50 on ventilators. The chances of survival after being on a ventilator are 20-30 percent.The estimates within the state of WA where I practice are that as much as 25% of our population may be asymptomatic carriers. I assure you that this is not BS and I am tired of folks on this forum claiming that it is.Your un-educated comments are degrading in the least and are very much not appreciated.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

It is nice to live in Wyoming.
We have on a really good day maybe a total population of 500,000. Social distancing isn't a huge problem except for some of the major population centers like Cheyenne, Casper, Sheridan etc. We have good health care providers, and yes it is possible that system could be overrun, but it's not a huge concern such as in places where folks are stuffed together like a can of sardines.
Here in the county I live in there are now 3 confirmed cases, 2 of those 3 are in their mid 20's, both had been dickin around in Colorado, after Colorado was mostly shut down. Haven't seen the details yet on the 3rd case.I am not concerned about it to much as I'm 45 miles from the town, and if I need to go to town I can go to two other towns the same distance from home where they don't have any reported cases yet. I am still amazed that when the virus hit that assisted living facility in Lander, most of those people recovered. It could be because quick thinking doctors applied some good ol country medicine and dumped them full of the malaria drug and antibiotic? don't know, but it sure didn't turn into a wreck like it has in other senior care centers around the country, yet.
As more tests become available, it's just natural that the number of confirmed cases go up. What will happen with those confirmed cases is in God's hands now.
MSalyards

Post by MSalyards »

Michael, how has this affected the homeless population over there? Nothing is ever heard about it but I would think it would go thru them like wildfire.
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

I have been looking at the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment website nightly. They update every day after 4 PM. Even if you don't live in Colorado, the site breaks down the virus in about every way you statistically can. I like the charts labeled Cases in Colorado by Age Group, Cases of COVID-19 in Colorado by Onset Date, and especially the chart Cases by Age Group, Hospitalization, and Outcome. Pretty clear what the virus is doing in Colorado day-today and who it is mainly affecting. Maybe it's similar in your area.

https://covid19.colorado.gov/case-data

My mom is in a local assisted living home that has tightly quarantined the residents since the schools closed. They have set up private on-line visits and helped the residents get onto a computer so they can "skype" with the family. There were six of us in three locations on with her at once last week. It was great how creative some places can be and that also helps people stay at home and not try to get in to see their relative.

I was looking at some of the "Pandemic" docudramas and features on Netflix etc. Several are about a single city getting hit and being quarantined. When I was at USNORTHCOM, we researched second and third order effects of a virus attack on the US for a DOD project. What we saw very quickly was that if our entire country gets hit by a fast moving pathogen like this one, it is extremely hard to shift resources to the affected area like we do for hurricane relief, flood relief, or urban wild fires. You can't shift the resources - they are not available for elsewhere because they are already needed at home right now. So if your state is hit hard the Gov may not get the traditional national response to his local problem because the problem isn't local; everyone is getting hit near simultaneously. That's why the states needed to prepare for their individual needs and not wait for or expect a national response to solve their problem for them. Good news was about half the states got it and were preparing- bad news was about half the states did not and were going to let Feds take care of them. I hope and pray we come out of this a country who will be better prepared to take care of itself the next time.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Well said Steve. What worries me more than this current virus, is the second strain that is apparently in China now bad enough they just ordered the closing of all theaters etc...
That and the series of earthquakes running up and down the Wasatch front into Idaho.. Yellowstone is liable to blow, being 60 k years over due anyway and make this Chinese virus thing look like a walk in the park....
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Let me add some to this conversation by posting a troubling article:

https://www.westernjournal.com/cdc-tell ... ntributed/

Remember the war on Doctors and Pharmacists when the opioid crisis was politically discovered by Washington, DC ?

We have all heard liars figure and figures lie and it is important in cases like this to get the accurate numbers.
Initially during the opioid crisis CDC was blaming the high death tolls on PRESCRIPTION drugs with doctors and pharmacists as the main culprits. Oxycontin was a major one.The fact that cocaine, heroin, pseudoephedrine (meth precursor), and fentanyl at that time were primarily coming illegally into the United States was completely ignored even when Congress was made aware of the anomaly. Pseudoephedrin in 50-100 metric ton loads were intercepted in Mexico, mostly from China. Here at Nogales 255 pound load of fentanyl was seized coming from Mexico, origin China.

Some of the Counterfeit Oxycontin Seized contained fentanyl in lethal doses. Impossible to discern legal from illegal oxy visually.
At that time CDC was reporting all deaths by opioids as PRESCRIPTION drug caused. When challenged they later admitted suicides and heroin or fentanyl deaths were all lumped together as prescription drugs. This dramatically skewed the data.

Remember PRINCE that supposedly died of a prescription overdose in Minnesota was later found to have died from illegal drug fentanyl.

What I am saying is the above link points to the real possibility that the numbers being generated may not be reliable and this article from CDC more or less encourages reporting false numbers so we have to wonder if they know it is already happening. Are they looking for a higher death count by not encouraging integrity in morbidity reporting ? Based on past experience I suspect more likely than not.
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

For Dr. Johnson in the event you may not have seen this information on counterfeit drugs.

https://www.in.gov/bitterpill/files/Saf ... 0FINAL.pdf

And, others that may be interested.
dougf

Post by dougf »

John Bly wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:55 am Here's an interesting set of data. It will be updated regularly. Pull down the states to check how your state is expected to flatten the curve.
http://covid19.healthdata.org/
I started tracking this data the same day John posted the link. This website is funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and from what I understand provides much of the input used by the Fed and State governments to form policy. (These projections are based on the assumption that "social distancing guideline are followed through May.) When I noticed that you could only download the current projection, I immediately downloaded the data so that I could compare it subsequent projections. The first projection I downloaded was based on data available as of 4/1/2020. It was updated today. In the data, you will find SIGNIFICANT downsizing of projections EXCEPT in the current hotspots. Almost everywhere else in the country plenty of ICU beds will be available throughout. Most interesting to me is California, but in my own state, Idaho the number of projected deaths has been downgraded six fold.

Attached is a screenshot of the summarization of the projected data from 4/1 and 4/5. This data are of projected deaths through Aug 4 2020, but available ICU beds show the same trends. You may have to zoom in on the picture. I was trying to capture a lot of info in one screenshot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.