Passover, the beginning of the end of Covid 19

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

VectorMan

Re: Passover, the beginning of the end of Covid 19

Post by VectorMan »

In the last 5 years I’ve been shooting BPCR silhouette with a lot of people who used to wear a badge or still do. Good people. My disdain for the men who wear the badge has softened some. I still hold true that the badge does not give you the right to bully, intimidate or lie, when that happens, your no different than a common petty piece of trash that needs to be discarded.
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

I have met good cops and bad also, and a few bad ministers.

Several SO that were my former students, we are still close friends, one is now back on a very large ranch south of Gillette the other former Navy and SO, is also a close friend who used my sharps and PP loads to win my mile match a few years back.

1 year ago I pulled over in Sundance Wyo in the shade behind the courthouse on my motorcycle it was very hot. I was checking my forest service maps, for a forest service road to Aladdin, my bike is dual sport it is not a Harley. I had a PD Officer get all angry and upset and threatened me for Parking in the shade! I put my bike in gear and rode out... I had just met a badge packing bully, a pig in every context of the word. My bike is Bright orange, Morocco orange they call with a sidecar, it is very conspicuous I wasn’t doing anything illegal, but being a biker.

Sundance can rot and go to hell before I ever drop a dime there ever again, I now carry plenty of fuel in two jerry cans, so I specifically avoid stopping there, one of the perks of owning my bike.

Kenny Wasserburger
The Lunger.
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

I understand Kevin.
When you meet any officers that know me You'll get one of two responses. ..That I was the best ever or that I was an asshole...not to citizens but other Officers. They will both be spot on. The thing that citizens don't see in big departments is the inner conflicts. I have invited more than one officer to fight when they did something I didn't agree with. After retirement and at OSU I taught Investigations and an interviewing class and taught at our academy for years. I would start each academy class with " this is a class that will teach you how to maximize your contacts and citizens and crooks will not think of you as an asshole.'

Most asshole Police officers land in little town after little town.
Big, professional departments , like the one I worked for, Weed those folks out.

The first thing I said in every class I taught was being honest about any prejudices we have as an individual...I didn't like Police officers and rich white people when I was a kid. I matured and was objective in my later assessments.

I have never respected Police officers that have a big belly..I am always working on that.

The type of person I simply have to walk away from now is the guy that approaches uninvited at a match, who constantly shoots well below me and says " You're never gonna shoot good unless you....." I'm working on that .
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

What I've discovered over seven decades of life is that what a person does speaks much loader than what they say. Just like good shots, they don't have to say much of anything if they are really good cause every body already knows! Good men who know God personally are just like that and in truth we are all called to preach the Gospel (spread the good news) not just those who make a living at it.
My current pastor is a good man but I never regard him as anything else and I always investigate what he preaches with my own research of Torah. He puts his pants on just like me, one leg at a time,makes mistakes and has to go to the crapper every day too. :lol:
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

If you want to get a look at some good people in history that lived what they believed , pick up a copy of Foxe Voice of The Martyrs. It's a tough read and I can only stand a couple personal stories at a time but it is one of the best profiles in human courage you will ever see made possible only by real relationships with Yeshua!
VectorMan

Post by VectorMan »

That was the 2nd book I purchased when I started going to church 25 years ago.
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."