Electronic powder measures

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

bruce m

Re: Electronic powder measures

Post by bruce m »

google auto trickler version 3.
this is what state of the art fclass shooters use.
interestingly it includes a lee powder thrower, and this cheap thrower is apparently more accurate than more expensive models.
magnetic restoration scales are the way not to be driven to drink like load beam ones do.
bruce.
ventum est amicus meus
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

I have used a Johnson Design Specialties powder throw for BPCR for twenty years. It is accurate and repeatable. I also have a RCBS Chargemaster that is 15 years old. I use it for pistol and rifle. It must be one of the good ones because it still works. Your mileage may vary and usually does. My Dillon 650 has an Arredondo micrometer powder bar measure that works great for the 45 ACP rounds that I crank out. - Mike
ChrisF

Post by ChrisF »

Where do you buy the auto trickler version 3
bruce m

Post by bruce m »

try
autotrickler.com
bruce.
ventum est amicus meus
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

I've had a Chargemaster since it came out and also one of the scales for weighing during casting sessions. Never had a problem. A big plus is it's speed it doesn't drift.......
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
kwilliams

Post by kwilliams »

I bought a RCBS chargemaster myself awhile back, and I absolutely love the thing, what a giant leap forward after using scales for years. Don't know how long it will last before it wears out, but a worth while buy. I have it on a grounded mat and a ground on the hopper too. Meters nicely with black.
kw
Dan O

Post by Dan O »

Has anybody tried the RCBS light powder measure. I wonder if they repair these still or if they are out dated now also?
ChrisF

Post by ChrisF »

RCBS does not repair them but there is a guy I think in Alabama that does
CaptnJack

Post by CaptnJack »

I went to Amazon and looked at the chargemaster and it says on the description. Use with smokeless powder only? So do they have a hopper that can use black powder or are you just using the regular one? For the price, I will use what I have.
ChrisF

Post by ChrisF »

The guy the repairs RCBS electronica scale’s name is link LINK phone number is 520-836-1200
Tomklinger

Post by Tomklinger »

Been using mine with black powder for years with no modifications, no issues even with 1f. I believe the smokeless only is a c.y.a

Tom
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

Wow that trickler 3 is really something, powder charge right on the money. So all you have to do is pick up the pan and now drop it through the drop tube into the case. Ten seconds to measure the charge then you have to drop tube it, you also need to drop tube it the same every time if you can. Man why can't we come up with something to do it all at the same time while you are seating wads and bullets then the next case would be powder measured, drop tubed, and waiting on you. If only ……………….. :?
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.