Labradar

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

ChrisF

Labradar

Post by ChrisF »

Can anybody tell me about Lab radar chronographs I understand you’re about 550 bucks but what exactly does that include the chronograph and what about the cameras that extra and are they worth the money
craigos

Re: Labradar

Post by craigos »

I have been running a labradar for about a year, i shoot flinters, bcpr and modern long distance centerfires. The main gain of labradar is you dont need to set something up down range (PITA) nor attach something to your barrel. the former is a pain at a public range, the latter will affect your POI, Labradar sits 6 inches next to your muzzle and detects the shot.

If you shoot a bow or air rifle you need to buy a micro phone as its triggered by the accoustic 'boom; - but you dont need anything except the device and a small tripod (avail at their store). I recommend the power supply as batteries dont last long but dont buy theirs, buy one off amazon.

Awesome device.
Shutinlead

Post by Shutinlead »

+1
I've had a LR for 3+ years now and it's been an awesome data collecting device for those that want to know details. Helps with load development and we use it in conjunction with Shooters's App for getting sight settings on all my gun and sight builds - and some of these builds and components are far from the norm - mostly single shots and mostly vintage. It saves me a lot of time and ammo trying to figure out details - like what bullets work and which don't... Primers, powders, wads, lube, cases etc. (on the small calibers like the 22 rf, it's been good help when experimenting with assorted ammo - it may be splitting fine hairs but getting good SD's and ES's along with the poor BC's that habitually go with this cartridge, determining a good place to start has been nice.)
The battery thing, Absolutely! look on eBay or Amazon for Anker brand battery- I use a "PowerCore 10000" and it will last a few dozen times at the range. Not sure what you mean referring to the "camera" ? There's an individual on one of these forums that makes a recoil activated switch for it and it addresses all the problems, but I get away with using the "pistol mode" most of the time. Study the instructions carefully to get it to operate correctly, a majority of the bad press this gets is from folks that struggle with their "smart phone" - I live in this category some days... Don't believe everything some of the folks put out there in their videos either, I've seen some BS.
Greg
John Boy

Post by John Boy »

Might want to watch this video ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SpjRnYncpo
Regards
John
johnl

Post by johnl »

May have to get one. My chrony suffered a 50 cal hole from my S&W 500 due to a wasp landing on my face as I was pulling the trigger :oops: