Labradar

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

ChrisF

Labradar

Post by ChrisF »

Can anybody tell me about Lab radar chronographs I understand you’re about 550 bucks but what exactly does that include the chronograph and what about the cameras that extra and are they worth the money
dougf

Re: Labradar

Post by dougf »

$559 is for the chronograph only. You can use 6 AA batteries for power or buy and use a rechargeable battery pack. The AA batteries drain too fast to be a good option. The battery pack is a much better way to go. Any 5v battery pack with a USB 2A output will work. I bought mine on Amazon for $12. The target cameras on their website are not related to the chronograph and not needed. You will also need a tripod of some sort, depending how you want to set it up. Also, I found that to use it with my BPCR rifle (1874 Sharps 44-90), that I needed to set it for pistol due to the muzzle velocity being in the 1300-1400 fps range. I love mine. As far as I can tell, it seems pretty accurate. The velocities are consistent with whatever load I'm working with. It is nice to be able to download a complete shooting session to Excel when I'm finished.
Randy Bohannon

Re: Labradar

Post by Randy Bohannon »

I resisted a chronograph for the past 45 years as I watched more people diddle with cables, clouds, low batteries,distance then end up shooting the screen. Labradar changed all that, easy to use and maybe Cletus will find a way to shoot his .
I paid less than $450.00 for mine on sale at Midway skipped using alkaline batteries and went straight to a lithium battery pack. I actually have couple of the batteries sure come in handy. Also I did not like their stand as it sits to low and bought a good mini tripod . Screen color is blue and visible in bright light it is well made and gives all the information I need. I have had mine for 2 yrs. if it quit tomorrow I would get another .