22 BPCR Beginning ??

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Glen Ring

22 BPCR Beginning ??

Post by Glen Ring »

Where and by whom, started 22 BPCR ?
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
jackrabbit

Re: 22 BPCR Beginning ??

Post by jackrabbit »

It is a bit controversial over who was the first to come up with the idea as there were apparently several groups trying it out at several different places across the country at about the same time. I have seen at least three different groups claim to have been the inventors. Regardless of whose idea it was or where and when it was done first, I will always think of Dave and Pam Crossno as being the real parents of 22 BPCR. They perfected the target sizes and distances, and also built the 22 liner that enabled so many to easily and affordably shoot the game. They are also the ones that put it on, promoted it, and ran it at Raton for multiple years to give roots to our current sport. The Crossnos were definitley the ones that put the blood, sweat, and tears into making 22 BPCR a reality.

I must state that all of that happened long before my time and all of the info I have is from interviews from people that do know. Glenn, I am sure if you visit with John Gage, Dan Zimmerman, David Barnes, or any of the other shooters that were around back in the day, they can give you more info.
take care, Cody
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

I also come up with the majority of answers being Dave and Pam. We are going to the range today for her memorial service. There are a lot of ideas always floating around, but my Hat is off to the ones that actually put the wheels in motion. I never knew Dave, but I was around Pam enough to see how she cared about the sport. After Dave had passed , Pam would see Jeanne and I shooting and cutting up together and she'd tear up , walk up to us and say " Enjoy every minute".
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Lots of folks at the service For Pam. Most Oklahoma shooters , with class , took time out of their day to attend the service. Those that chose for some reason not to attend .... well ....

Match directors are getting scarce in our part of the country.

To all match directors out there I want to personally thank you, especially the folks planning the matches in Raton New Mexico.
I think there will be numbers attending like never before.
Woody

Post by Woody »

I had not hear of her passing. After seeing the previous post, I looked up her obit. We are diminished. Always looked forward to spending a few minutes catching up each year at Raton. Rest well and thank you and Dave for your contributions to this journey.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Glen,

We hadn't heard about Pam's passing either. I always enjoyed talking with her. She was very good to my grandson, donating a stock blank 3 years ago, and we had a great time talking with her and picking out the blank for Mike to fit and finish, and when we picked up the finished rifle.

She and Dave made a great contribution to this sport!

Clarence and Martha
Maj. Forrest Smith

Post by Maj. Forrest Smith »

This is for some that could make Pam's memorial service.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

I never knew Dave...but he apparently was an innovator...and a very strong personality from what I've heard. Sounds like my kind of fellow.