Primer bullet push & primer setback

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Glen Ring

Re: Primer bullet push & primer setback

Post by Glen Ring »

I don't want to hunt in weather that cold. freezing or above and I can sit still.
I have tried Black powder and didn't care for it. Maybe if I tried that swiss stuff...but I can by pyrodex anywhere. maybe next year. For now I bought a bunch of Pyrodex at the end of season and at the rate we're shooting will be stocked up for a couple of years. Tomorrow is the first chance we've had to go to the range and shoot since all this crap started.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Yeah,me to, I finally got shooting about three weeks ago and have a match this Sunday but there for awhile I wasn't shooting much of anything gun wise and probably was the reason I got going on bows and arrows ,just to be able to shoot something. :lol:
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

Glen,

Back in the late '80's, Wolfgang Droege (the founder and then owner of Shiloh) told me that the only barrels he had ever had to replace at that time were those shot with Pyrodex and then not cleaned. Some people believed the hype at the time that Pyrodex was not corrosive. I'm sure it's fine with good cleaning practices.

Like Woody, I had tried it and not liked it; used the remainder of the can as fertilizer.

Clarence
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Yep...I think any barrel not cleaned will go bad.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.