Just placed my first order!

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

High Desert Hunter

Re: Just placed my first order!

Post by High Desert Hunter »

Congratulations! I am a pistol gripper, but wouldn't mind a straight stock. I have the 34" barrel, if I had it to do over, I would likely go with the 30", for weight, and because it gets so warm down this way, I get a bit of leading in the last 2-3 inches when temps top 95.
bobw

Re: Just placed my first order!

Post by bobw »

I haven't but why don't you sit down at the computer and do 2 builds all the stuff you want on a #3 and on a Hartford model you might save a few bucks because on your #3 you've spec'd the Hartford features. Your money but I'd check that. bobw
bobw
Griff

Re: Well, it has been a year and the changes keep coming.

Post by Griff »

Dano Dog wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:31 am I am still debating a 30" vs 32" barrel.
I don't know if this will be a factor for you, but I thought that I'd mention it. When I placed my order, I didn't realize that the production lots are influenced by barrel length and type. I originally told them that I wanted a 32 inch barrel, but later changed my mind and decided on a 30 inch barrel. I waited for a while to advise them of the change, not realizing that I was missing the production lot for 30 inch heavy barrels. When I got the letter to finalize the details, I told them of the change and learned that I would have to wait about another year before they started another batch of 30 inch heavy barrels. If I had told them farther in advance, I'd likely have had my rifle in hand this past spring. Now it will likely be next spring or summer. That was a disappointment for me and I don't want others to experience it.

Griff
Dangerous Freedom