Bore cleaner between shots

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Don McDowell

Re: Bore cleaner between shots

Post by Don McDowell »

CaptnJack wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:30 pm Just curious, what are the paper patch people using on there bore pigs between shots?
I use the Napa oil and water 7-1
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

I'm experimenting with my own mix for muzzle loading patches and bore pigs for cartridge guns . 50/50 water , Isoprophil alcohol and half a teaspoon of liquid dish soap in an 8 ounce jar. I'll post back if it works or is a dead end. I've always felt that the three ingredients in the right proportions should be excellent as all three desolve black powder fouling.
beltfed

Post by beltfed »

Distilled water ( as Brent would say-DiHydrogenOxide) for loose patches or for bore critters.
Except below freezing when my water bottle froze up , Then I use RV antifreeze. IsoHEET should work also in cold weather.
beltfed/arnie
Steve Sudbeck

Post by Steve Sudbeck »

For years, I was using a mix of 1/4 Roundup weed killer, 1/4 Black Mamba venom, 1/4 battery acid all diluted with 1/4 Chernobyl cooling water but my Oncologist recommended that I switch to water and dish soap :roll: !
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

10-1 water/oil and bore pigs in my 45-100. Any more oil and I get weird stuff happening with my paper patch bullets.
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

bpcr shooter wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:48 pm 10-1 water/oil and bore pigs in my 45-100. Any more oil and I get weird stuff happening with my paper patch bullets.
I just decided to go from 7:1 to 10:1 with NAPA. We'll see how it works out.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Mpro 7 and BACO bore wipes.

Before that 1-7 Napa cutting oil and distilled water for years. Won 6 scope titles in Target rifle was 2nd overall at the 1000 yard BPTRA championship last September. Paper patched 3 wet 2 dry, never a problem with the oil and allergies.

KW
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

:D Little twisted humor this early morning.'
One time in one of these wiping solution discussions, someone mentioned that NAPA oil and water could go a bit rancid and smell bad. My thoughts went to , you're talking about a bunch of mostly old men laying out in the sun for 2 days shooting blackpowder, and eating all the barbecue,beans, mexican and pizza they can lay hands on and drinking beer, and you're worried about the wiping solution smelling bad. :shock: :D :D
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

You speak from experience?
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

Don McDowell wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:31 am :D Little twisted humor this early morning.'
One time in one of these wiping solution discussions, someone mentioned that NAPA oil and water could go a bit rancid and smell bad. My thoughts went to , you're talking about a bunch of mostly old men laying out in the sun for 2 days shooting blackpowder, and eating all the barbecue,beans, mexican and pizza they can lay hands on and drinking beer, and you're worried about the wiping solution smelling bad. :shock: :D :D
Now that's funny :-).

Chris.