2020 Ak Territorial is history

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

mdeland

2020 Ak Territorial is history

Post by mdeland »

We had a good shoot in spite of Kovid and an even dozen shooting participants which ain't bad considering they were thinking of canceling this years shoot for lack of interest.I was in a slump score wise this year but sure had fun ringing out the new flint gun. I think I'm going to do it all next year with the new rifle. Sure takes a heap of concentration to hit the black at 100 yards holding through the firing lag although this gun is quite fast for a flinter.
I can still tell there is a lag after shooting cap locks all these years no matter what the experts say about a good flint gun is just as fast as a cap gun. It just ain't so no matter how much they insist on the notion but the funny part is if you stick with it you will very often see the sights come back into alignment during the lag. I'm really enthused about flint shooting. I'm told that if one can shoot a flinter well that he can shoot any accurate rifle well, we'll see if this is true or not. I was able to get offhand hits in the black at 100 yards quite often which was encouraging. :D