Quigley 2021

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

craneman

Re: Quigley 2021

Post by craneman »

Chris,
I have the 4 gun cart that Kurt posted the link of. That cart along with one of the wagons in his second link allows my son and I plenty of space for all of our gear. The rifles, shooting sticks, wiping rods spotting scope ammo, and other small gear ride in or on the cart. Lawn chairs, shooting box, cooler for water, shooting stools and such ride in the wagon. Works well for us and the cart and wagon break down easily for transportation.
Todd
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
--Benjamin Franklin
J.B.

Post by J.B. »

A few years back at the Q my shooting partner purchased ..from memory I think its a three gun Rugged Gear kart. Seemed like a lot of cash to drop at the time and of course we ribbed him every second for buying a 'pram' for the range. Within an hour it was hauling the bulk of our gear and has been a Godsend every trip since. Even with only the two of us.. it gets loaded with junk and one of us is still carrying a range box loaded with goodies and possibly the scope and stand. There is generally plenty of time to move between ranges once your relay is completed but I'll guarantee the one time you need to return to your vehicle for something you couldn't carry... you'll be at the opposite end of the range :wink: If we weren't storing gear with friends every year ( two years this time around ) I'd have probably purchased another kart for myself. Well worth it. What Kurt says about stability is quite true and I've watched ours pitch over a couple of times in Quigley winds. The larger diameter wheels on the better 'jogging' strollers tend to be better on the rough ground but then you'll need to configure the unit to suit your taste. You'll see some pretty impressive wagon set ups at the Q but some are fairly bulky and heavy if you're travelling light. Who can travel light in this sport :shock: :!: :?: A bit like selecting tents or gun safes...always go bigger than you think you need. hth.

J.B.
"an experimental weapon..with experimental ammunition ? ...Lets experiment "
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

We use the same 4-gun Rugged Gear cart that we use for CAS/SASS events.
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
ChrisF

Post by ChrisF »

Cal-Graf makes a cart don’t they
ChrisF

Post by ChrisF »

Cal-Graf makes a cart don’t they
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Think Cal-Graf closed. :?
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
Gussy

Post by Gussy »

By far, Rugged gear is the most commonly used at the Q. I went through several types before buying one. I think they all have puncture proof tires... also important!

You might want a cover. It has rained occasionally and it's nice to have some protection.
craigos

Post by craigos »

[quote="Lumpy Grits" post_id=317136 time=1593429895 user_id=332]
Think Cal-Graf closed. :?
Gary
[/quote]

Their website seems to be owned by someone else. I got many items from them, wagon box for my 1874, gun rack, range box and the black powder reloading station
Gary Allen

Post by Gary Allen »

ChrisF wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:59 am What kind of cart is best
Take a look a Mustangwoodcrafters.com ~ They're pricey but look extremely well built. Check out their video..

Gary
charlie young

Post by charlie young »

If you have a 45-70 with a 23" with the 10.34" block spacing you will reach the Buffalo and probably the 1000 as well. Been there done that lots of times.