New Mexico Emergency Quarantine

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Jeanne Ring

New Mexico Emergency Quarantine

Post by Jeanne Ring »

New Mexico governor has issued a 14-day quarantine for anyone arriving in NM, whether by air or vehicle. Be aware if you are planning a trip to New Mexico.
mdeland

Re: New Mexico Emergency Quarantine

Post by mdeland »

Yeah, we've had that here from the beginning of Covid. You must upon interring AK go directly to the place you are visiting and quarantine for 14 days. Pretty well killed the tourist industry this year but the locals seem to be taking up some of the slack with many taking (stay-cations) all over the state !
kenny sd

Post by kenny sd »

and in Florida,,,,it's party party party....and our governor won't mandate masks....oh well...
Woody

Post by Woody »

Looks like this may have consequences for my travel plans in a couple of weeks.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Woody - if NM gets shut down there is Ian's 4-day 'Kentucky Bluegrass Steel Challenge' the last week of the month. Ain't Raton (generally a little warmer & a bit more humid in KY :wink: ), but still a great place to shoot. And, Ian has been very gracious this year in shooting 'less than class' scores to insure no home-field-advantage and doesn't win his own match. :D
Glenn
Woody

Post by Woody »

Glenn,

I'm in the middle of loading 250 rounds of 40-65 for Friendship this month and August. The 180 rounds of 45-70 slated for Raton as well as the lever gun rounds are already loaded. Hope I get a chance to empty all of them. I do like shooting in Kentucky. It had been several years since I last shot there, but I did make it for the three day match in May, and had a great time despite the rain.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
Jeanne Ring

Post by Jeanne Ring »

Woody wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:19 am Looks like this may have consequences for my travel plans in a couple of weeks.

Woody
It may affect a lot of our plans. Bummer.
semtav

Post by semtav »

Woody wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:19 am Looks like this may have consequences for my travel plans in a couple of weeks.

Woody
Well you could go directly to the shooting range and quarantine yourself there til the match is over.
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

I've used the excuse "I wasn't really sure where the state line was" before.....Raton is really close, couldn't we just pretend it's in Colorado???
Woody

Post by Woody »

That won't work. Raton and Trinadad are at the bottom of the hill and the line is at the top. Even the 14 YOA state trooper the pulled me over for dim headlights in my A Model Ford would know the difference.

Woody
Richard A. Wood