Cody Firearms Museum

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Doug

Cody Firearms Museum

Post by Doug »

Spent a couple days at the Cody Firearms Museum...thought you all might like to see a couple sharps related photos:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doug

Re: Cody Firearms Museum

Post by Doug »

A couple more.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doug

Post by Doug »

A couple non-Sharps related....Jeremiah Johnson’s Hawken and knife and Ronald Reagan’s rifle with the nicest wood in the entire museum, IMO. This is a must see museum, absolutely wonderful.
kenny sd

Post by kenny sd »

been there twice. wonderful town and museum
I remember a Fan display of Sharps over the entrance...about 50 sharps rifles,
all 74's
considering only 6000 were made...that was quite a group...

hope to get there again some day....Ken
Chief Beck

Post by Chief Beck »

I was there in 86. Just loved that museum got there in the morning when it opened and spent the whole day there.

Dennis
"40 knots, no smoke"

"By God Woodrow; it’s been quite a party ain’t it?”
bpcr shooter

Post by bpcr shooter »

was just there last week myself, it is simply amazing. I didn't expect half of what was there!!! we were running a little tight on time so we went thru it quite quickly but, did take some nice pictures. I too will return!!!
NMLRA Member
Winnequah Gun Club Member (Lodi, Wi)
WIFORCE Member
SCI Member
df

Post by df »

Been there, long time ago. Would like to go again. It is a terrific museum.
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Took us 2+ days to see it all.
Fantastic place :!:
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
kenny sd

Post by kenny sd »

statue out in the garden out back.
A TRUE AMERICAN,, DIED FIGHTING FOR HIS COUNTRY

It was a stature of Red Cloud.

opened my eyes...Ken
johnl

Post by johnl »

Gents

Been there twice 2012 and 2014. Hopefully next year post virus :lol: In 2012 Wes Adams collection was there. WOW. I went to the curator’s office looking for info on Winchester 86s. A nice gentleman Warren invited to come see something donated to the museum. He gave me white gloves to put on. I got to handle a piece of history, even though it’s recent. On his desk was Ronald Reagan’s 1894 fully engraved commemorative of his life as an actor, governor and President. When I went back in 2014 it was behind glass on the wall. Not sure if the old fella is still with us (Warren) not Reagan.

F17F0676-CBEF-47B8-9ADF-B87B91894A4D.jpeg
4998D987-D6F8-4575-BC60-A5441BB114B8.jpeg
0731AD6B-FB08-47A7-98E5-B47AACE260D3.jpeg
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

Warren lettered my 1892 Winchester 32-20 close coupled dbl set trigger rifle in 2013. I hope he is still alive. I was allowed to visit the exhibits in the basement while they looked over my rifle. The museum is an amazing place. Plan on spending 2-3 days. The art gallery is phenomenal as is the Plains Indian wing. September is a great time to go as the Elk are in the rut in the Park. Lots of wildlife and not so many tourists.
MacRob46

Post by MacRob46 »

Absolutely my favorite museum in the world and I have been to museums galore. Looking forward to getting back there. Cody is nice too!
johnl

Post by johnl »

Michael Johnson wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:25 pm September is a great time to go as the Elk are in the rut in the Park. Lots of wildlife and not so many tourists.

Safe to go mid Sept on a Harley? When does the snow start to fly :lol: Long walk back to Canada if things go south :roll:
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

John, while snow can fly at anytime in British Columbia and Yellowstone in September: I believe you are pretty safe in mid September. The key is to not be in a hurry in case you have to weather in. I have driven in BC in late September and do it with the knowledge that it might snow. Yeloowstone and the Teton's are usually quite nice into early October. This is my favorite time of year in this locale. No tourists, no traffic, the aspens have turned yellow, and the Elk are in the rut. What's not to like. Safe travels!