I need assistance on which barrel and twist rate to use

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

august west

Re: I need assistance on which barrel and twist rate to use

Post by august west »

BFD wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:59 pm
bpcr shooter wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:55 pm say I was looking to re-barrel a rifle, where would one look for a octagon barrel?? I dont really care about the price or lead times, I want the best.

matt
Green Mt.

So GM is better than Shiloh? Better than Krieger, PacNor, Shilen or Badger? I'm stunned.
"It ain't like it used to be but...it'll do." - Old Man Sykes
BFD

Post by BFD »

august west wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:03 am
bpcr shooter wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:55 pm say I was looking to re-barrel a rifle, where would one look for a octagon barrel?? I dont really care about the price or lead times, I want the best.

matt
Green Mt.

So GM is better than Shiloh? Better than Krieger, PacNor, Shilen or Badger? I'm stunned.

Okay, so you are stunned...

You can't buy an octagon from Krieger, PacNor, Shilen or Badger. Nor does Shiloh sell barrels separately. So, now what? Basically, you don't have many choices. I guess I can see why are stunned.
BFD

Post by BFD »

august west wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:03 am

matt
Green Mt.

Okay, so you are stunned...

You can't buy an octagon from Krieger, PacNor, Shilen or Badger. Nor does Shiloh sell barrels separately. So, now what? Basically, you don't have many choices. I guess I can see why are stunned.
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

August west,

Someone offered you the option of having CPA profile a barrel. For ~$100, they will profile any of the barrels they stock, including Bartlein, or one you supply. Not sure why you didn't think about that option...

Clarence
august west

Post by august west »

OK, sorry I said anything.
"It ain't like it used to be but...it'll do." - Old Man Sykes