MVA 10x "A" scope

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Old-Win

Re: MVA 10x "A" scope

Post by Old-Win »

desert deuce wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:58 am Si compres barato, compres mas hace rato.
Nothing cheap about the Unertl. I've compared it to the B5 and I like it better.
BFD

Post by BFD »

Old-Win wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:53 am
desert deuce wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:58 am Si compres barato, compres mas hace rato.
Nothing cheap about the Unertl. I've compared it to the B5 and I like it better.
Indeed, nothing cheap about the Unertl at all and that's kind of the point. I have both and much prefer the B5 for silhouettes and the Unertl for hunting.
Old-Win

Post by Old-Win »

Old-Win wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:22 am If you have your rifle setup with the correct blocks, what is the closest and the farthest distance you can shoot with that new MVA scope and the Unertl style mounts? Could you shoot as close as 200 yards and as far as 1000 yards?
This was my original question about the MVA "A" scope. It seems that it wouldn't be any different than what I have now.
GrumpyBear

Post by GrumpyBear »

Bob you may want to call Jim Gier at MVA, or Riese same place. I plan on finding out very soon through practical application,have a bunch of brass that needs fire formed,so I figure might as well see if I can get scope settings at the same time.
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

So, is it worth it to buy the MVA 10X A scope without mounts and then add the DZ POSA mounts to the package for the added elevation? I want to reach 1000 yards with a 45-2.6 or a 40-90BN setup. The 45-2.6 I have and the 40-90BN is coming in two months.My scope block spacing is 7.2 inches.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Michael Johnson wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:15 pm So, is it worth it to buy the MVA 10X A scope without mounts and then add the DZ POSA mounts to the package for the added elevation?
Has MVA started selling scopes without mounts? Last time I ask they said scopes are sold only complete with mounts.
Glenn
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

SSShooter, I believe they only sell them with mounts. You are probably correct. So I will rephrase the question. Is it worth it to take an MVA 10X scope with mounts and then change them out to the POSA mounts by DZ Arms? All you would gain is a 10X scope with POSA mounts capable of more elevation. Maybe a better move is to just settle on the DZ 8X scope with POSA mounts.
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

MVA sells the scope with one block that is good for 200 to 600 yards. Then a 800, 900, 1000 yard blocks. However with the 900 yard block you can shoot the entire Creedmoor course of fire without changing blocks, with my 45-110 shooting PP. Actually you can shoot from 700 yards to 1000 with that 900 yard block. I do it all the time at Alliance Neb Spring match.

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Wondering what scope and mounts set up Aviator is using for both long range and silhouette?
He seems to be having fairly good results with whatever it is he is using. :D
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
GrumpyBear

Post by GrumpyBear »

desert deuce wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:47 pm Wondering what scope and mounts set up Aviator is using for both long range and silhouette?
He seems to be having fairly good results with whatever it is he is using. :D
I can answer that, just shot with him at Friendship, DZ Arms scope and mounts.
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

Gentlemen, we have a conundrum, we want to support those who support us and yet MVA do not make something we want. May I suggest that someone, who is in the market for this, talk to J.C., give them a chance. Here is the list of sponsors for the NMLRA shoot as mentioned. Maybe DZ were not asked. My 2 cents. Paul

WE’D LIKE TO THANK THE BPCR REGIONAL PRIZE DONORS:
Forster Products

J and J Liquors

Brooks’ Bullet Moulds

Friendship State Bank

Midway USA

Treebone Carving

Dixie Gun Works

Green Mountain Rifle Barrel Co.

SPG Sales

Creedmoor Sports

Shiloh Sharps Rifle Manufacturing Co.