Venturino wasn't the first!

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Glen Ring

Re: Venturino wasn't the first!

Post by Glen Ring »

That is something I have found out here...for a bunch of old cranky guys some are easily offended. In my old profession we called each other names for fun. My nephew is dating a young , pretty police officer and I start out any communication with her as " Hey asshole" We really like each other.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
pacecars

Post by pacecars »

Glen Ring wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:35 am That is something I have found out here...for a bunch of old cranky guys some are easily offended. In my old profession we called each other names for fun. My nephew is dating a young , pretty police officer and I start out any communication with her as " Hey asshole" We really like each other.
Hell, I work as a shift supervisor in a police/sheriff/fire/EMS dispatch center. Our greeting on our shift is a 🖕followed by an “FU”. We don’t hold back and no political correct crap!
Real gun powder is black.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Finally ...someone that doesn't get all offended !!!
I worked with a big, tough, very gunned out guy. His favorite thing to do was walk into a room and say " Hey, so and so, I knew your mother when she was whorein."
He walked into the office one day and said " Hey Ring, I knew your mother when she was whorin"
I was ready..I said " really? Mom died giving birth to me and the stress turned my Dad into a tranny Prostitute...so I guess you and I are kinda related."
The whole unit broke down, he broke down and we've been buds for 40 years!!

One of my Patrol partners and I cursed each other every day after breaking line-up to get into the mood . I was getting the better of him one day and he calmly reached for the mic and told Headquarters he'd be out on a fight. I looked around , called him a stupid so and so and he punched me in the head. We got into a fist fight, got winded, started laughing and went 10-8. We left a whole group of officers and dispatch wondering WTH just happened.

Good to know that about you...now we can cut up.
pacecars

Post by pacecars »

I have been doing this for 33 years and really miss the old days. Our agency call sign was KRJ652 which back then had to be said every 30 minutes over the air. Whenever an officer was an ass on the radio I would end my reply with a mumbled KRJ6FU (saying the FU). We used to be able to have fun before everybody got so frighten uptight
Real gun powder is black.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

I hear ya...I am buds with several young officers from my Old Agency..they are SO cool. I was at a graduation and one of the young women (22) I taught to shoot was about 5 ft tall and 115 pounds ...but VERY fit. She came walking by me and I asked her if she were gaining weight. She didn't miss a step and said " Shut up old man or I'll kick you in the balls.'
Life is SO much fun..unless there's a whole bunch of crabby folks around who are easily offended by mere words.
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

I'm in line with Semtav, I really didn't think he meant anything by his post. Welcome to the forum Longknife, don't be thinned skinned around here. You only have 6 or 7 post, I guess you are the new guy. It has kinda been a tradition around here for someone to kick the new guy in the nuts, I got kicked also about 12 yrs. ago. You have been initiated now, your nuts will be O.K. tomorrow, and everybody will care on. The next thing you know someone will tell you to kiss their ass. :lol:
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
MLV

Post by MLV »

I’m not offended. Hell he even spelled my name correctly.
MLV
Beware the man with one rifle. He may not have enough interest in it to be competent!
Woody

Post by Woody »

Auh, come-on MVL, we at least thought you would bring out your inner Hatfield or at least a McCoy! :shock:

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

I guess I'm offended that he's not offended. Last time I put myself out there for my Hero. :roll: :roll: Hang in there Mike.

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
MLV

Post by MLV »

As I am a Hatfield descendant on my mother’s side I suppose I should get my back up a bit. But to be honest I’m having back pain to the point I could be called a cross-eyed ogre and it wouldn’t bother me. I’m supposed to be having an ablation to kill the pinched nerve as soon as the doctors in Billings can get their acts together. Then I’ll be in fighting trim!
MLV
Beware the man with one rifle. He may not have enough interest in it to be competent!
tazwellboy

Post by tazwellboy »

Good luck, Mike and God bless!
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf." George Orwell
Clark Badgett

Post by Clark Badgett »

Glen Ring wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:35 am That is something I have found out here...for a bunch of old cranky guys some are easily offended. In my old profession we called each other names for fun. My nephew is dating a young , pretty police officer and I start out any communication with her as " Hey asshole" We really like each other.
You should here how me and my Marine son greet each other.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

I was not a Marine, but I have always felt like one of the crowd when I cut up with them. Heck, I called a guy dude once and I thought he was gonna have a stroke!! I guess some of us come from the generation where mere words don't bother us. You and your Marine son drop by and introduce yourselves..I'll bet I can scrounge up an ice cold beverage...or three!!

P.S. My wife names her rifles and the latest 40-65 is a full pound heavier than her other one. She has named that new rifle " Fat Girl"..so if she and I are shooting a match and you hear me say " Get over here and shoot fat Girl" you can have a little chuckle and tell everyone I wasn't calling my wife that !!
art ruggiero

Post by art ruggiero »

venturino a true pioneer in our sport art
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

You guys are forgetting one important thing. When a couple of guys have a ritual of offensive greetings, it is between two people that know and like each other. If you try your offensive greeting to someone you don't know, guess what, it's offensive. And if you try using your offensive greeting to someone who doesn't like you, guess what, here in Wyoming you are likely to get your nose busted. An armed society is a polite society.... I am glad to live where manners are still appreciated.

Stop with all the "I'm not offend-able" bullshit. I know first hand and many other's here can testify, Glen, you are one of the most easily offended people in our sport and will fly off the handle with piles of profanity filled pm's and email's when the slightest not positive comment is made about anything you care about. If the conversation that follows doesn't go your way, then you totally shut them out and ignore them.
Cody