It ain’t a Shiloh but it is made in Montana

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

pacecars

It ain’t a Shiloh but it is made in Montana

Post by pacecars »

I have always wanted a nice .22 rifle and I couldn’t resist the wood on this one. Hope this is OK to post since it ain’t a Shiloh. If it isn’t I will gladly delete it

Real gun powder is black.
DeadEye

Re: It ain’t a Shiloh but it is made in Montana

Post by DeadEye »

Pacecars, Gorgeous wood is right. And yes from everything said in the past it's OK to post it. That should be a very accurate rifle and will do nicely until the REAL thing comes along. Word has it that Shiloh are considering adding a .22LR to the line-up. No word on when. In the meantime enjoy.

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

Pretty wood for sure! I am a big fan of accurate 22s!
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Very nice. Jeanne and i both shoot old kimbers. The one thing I've found to be true with 22 shooting over 100 meters..Use the best ammo you can get. All of our 22 rifles, even our model 39 lever actions, really shine out to 200 meters with good ammo like RWS R-50. If you're only a 50 meter person shooting squirrels and rabbits about any good target grade 22 ammo will shoot in a squirrels head in a good rifle. Congratulations on getting an heirloom quality 22.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

I have a Winchester Model 52B and a Kimber Govt. model that both love Lapua Polar 22LR ammo.My Miroku 22 Lowall does as well.
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

I love Leupolds, but recently put a Hawke vantage on my kimber for long range 22 shooting. Midway Product # 101257 I think.
3x9 and holdover yardage marked from 40 to 200 yards. The scope is calibrated for 22 subsonic and is spot on after initial sight in.
With the reticle set up I can hold 40 yards, 50,60,75,100,125,150,175 and 200 yards. The lines are marked with the yardage and even my old eyes can see the numbers. The marks can be illuminated red or green and the scope is about 170 bucks.

We're going to start long range 22 matches out to 200 meters and this scope will allow me to address targets w/o dialing.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Nice turn-bolt, but you could have had a DZ Arms Hepburn in 22LR for about the same $$.
Glenn
pacecars

Post by pacecars »

DeadEye wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:43 pm Pacecars, Gorgeous wood is right. And yes from everything said in the past it's OK to post it. That should be a very accurate rifle and will do nicely until the REAL thing comes along. Word has it that Shiloh are considering adding a .22LR to the line-up. No word on when. In the meantime enjoy.

Paul
Well crap. That would cost me money. I would love a Shiloh in .22 LR
pacecars

Post by pacecars »

SSShooter wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:09 am Nice turn-bolt, but you could have had a DZ Arms Hepburn in 22LR for about the same $$.
I have looked on their site and they seem to start around $4000. The Cooper was under $1800
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

That is an excellent price on that great looking Cooper. Never touch a DZ for that price. The Cooper website lists at $3195, which was only a couple of hundred less than I paid for my DZ Hepburn 22LR. Looks like a great rifle.
Glenn
pacecars

Post by pacecars »

I couldn’t pass it up at that price. But thanks, now you have me looking at a Hepburn again! I thought I had gotten over that desire.